The Finance Assistant is needed to provide finance and administrative support services. His / Her duties shall include:
- Receiving all requests for payments and activities and ensuring that there is proper documentation supporting the requests before passing it on to the Finance Officer for review;
- Working closely with the programs team and provide guidance in its spending and activity planning, supporting them with event arrangements;
- Handle and maintain an efficient filing system of key documents (reports, projects activity documents, receipts, etc) ensuring the confidentiality and security of documents;
- Assist in data capturing, preparation of disbursement requests and inventory management;
- Scheduling and organizing weekly staff meetings, receiving and filing weekly meeting minutes;
- Assist in the logistics needs of all staff pertaining to all travel;
- Shall be responsible for receiving activity acquittals, ensuring that all activity receipts and activity reports are attached;
- Shall be responsible for managing staff timesheets;
- Workflow management (i.e advising on work / activities completed and work / activities pending);
- Filing of statutory documents with ZIMRA and NSSA and ensure that the organization is up to date with statutory obligations.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are carried out and recorded in accordance with accounting standards and in line with the organization's procedure and policies;
- Prepare and share monthly monitoring report (expenses vs budget) to Management as per set deadlines;
- Assist management and stakeholders in budgeting and budget realignment;
- Review monthly / donor reports with relevant managers and point out areas with financial risks in line with donor conditions for managers to take proactive corrective action;
- Preparation of various supporting schedules to the financial statements to facilitate annual and periodical audits;
- Preparations of the payroll journal and monthly reconciliation of the payroll control code;
- Cashflow management and bank reconciliations;
- Support in Payroll administration and all human resources issues as may be required.
- Any other relevant duties as may be required by management.
The ideal candidate should possess a degree in accounting or any accounting qualification like ACCA, CIMA, and experience on NGO finance department is required; Knowledge and experience in computers (Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint); Good typing skills; Strong written communication skills; Ability to work independently and to meet deadlines; Good analytical skills and attention to detail; Ability to work under pressure; Interpersonal skills; Ability to effectively communicate financial information to different audiences, both financial and non-financial; Requires knowledge and understanding of accounting packages like Pastel; Candidates must adhere to ECOZI Safeguarding Policy
Send your CV and application letter clearly indicating your expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Salary package will be revealed to the successful candidate only.