CARE began working in Zimbabwe in 1992 in response to a severe regional drought. After establishing a drought mitigation program, CARE began longer term developmental programs with local partners in building small dams, strengthening local microfinance institutions, and launching projects to assist small businesspersons in the rural areas.
CARE Zimbabwe’s overall goal is to empower disadvantaged and poor households to meet their basic needs. Programs promote sustainable livelihoods of poor and vulnerable people.
The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to vulnerable communities in remote locations of the targeted provinces. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position posted below.
The Finance Assistant is responsible for overall support in daily operations of the finance section. The Finance Assistant works under the direct supervision of the AP Analyst to ensure payments are done on time to vendors, with valid and accurate support documentation. He/she also helps the AP Analyst in recording transactions in AR and Cash Management module and support in the month end close processes as well as audits.
- Assist in the review of monthly bank statement and prepares the bank fees template for review by the AP analyst
- Records deposits in AR module before month end close
- Assists the AP analyst in reviewing all AP transactions, requests before submission to SSC for recording
- Prepares payment schedules for statutory and other payroll obligated payments
- Assist in the review of the FAR report and ensure action is taken on all unresolved items
- Assists the AP analysts in resolving reconciling items on the bank rec before month end close.
- Retrieve all vouchers required for donor, statutory and global audits and submit to the Accounting Coordinator for review.
- Promote and maintain an organizational culture that advances gender equality, reduces power abuse and inequalities, and fosters trust and safety.
- Create an environment within CARE's workplaces, programming, and communities where CARE works that is free from sexual harassment, sexual abuse and sexual exploitation and abuse (SHEA-CA).
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent CI
- Minimum 2 years working experience in Finance/Accounting or related field
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Problem identification and resolution skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills
To apply, use the link: