The vision of Norwegian People's Aid (NPA) is Solidarity in Action. We are a politically independent membership-based organization working in Norway and in more than 35 countries around the world. Founded in 1939 as the labour movement's humanitarian solidarity organization, NPA aims to improve people's living conditions and to create societies that are more just and more democratic. NPA's international work covers three core areas: Humanitarian Disarmament, Democratization and Just distribution of power and resources and Humanitarian Action and Crisis Responses.
NPA in Zimbabwe is working with partners on long-term development, human rights and grass root organizations in the Development and Humanitarian Cooperation (DHC) Programme and clearance of landmines in the Humanitarian Disarmament (HD) Programme.
We are looking for an experienced Finance and Administration Officer (FAO) for the DHC Programme in Harare Zimbabwe. This is a position that requires a mature professional of high integrity. The person shall assist the Finance Manager with quality assurance of accounting and financial control as per Norwegian People’s Aid policies, rules and regulations (Finance Handbook). The FAO will work under direct supervision of the Finance Manager Zimbabwe.
The position is based in Harare.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Finance and Administration Officer shall
- Ensure proper financial controls are adhered to as per Norwegian People’s Aid policies and relevant national legislation. Special attention given to anti- corruption guidelines.
- Perform day to day bookkeeping and administrative operations for the Harare office.
- Make bank payments to suppliers and service providers.
- Check all payment requests for correct authorization and coding before processing to ensure funds are spent in accordance with the budget.
- Prepare vouchers and book transactions in Agresso accurately on a daily basis.
- Perform month end cash counts, prepare bank and cash reconciliations before set deadlines.
- Maintain an advance register to track all the advances issued to staff in the month.
- Assist the Finance Manager with managing the cash flow and ensuring there is adequate cash in-country for activities/operations.
- Assist in program budget preparations.
- Prepare monthly budget versus Actual reports for the Program Manager on a timely basis for prudent budget follow up.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reporting as per NPA and donor requirements.
- Assist the Finance Manager with delegated procurement and logistics duties for the office.
- Maintain an inventory of all stocks and maintenance of NPA fixed asset register.
- Ensure vehicle log books are maintained and up to date and prepare monthly fuel consumption analysis reports.
- Check staff attendance register, and maintain a record of staff leave days.
- Ensure all statutory payments (PAYE, NSSA, withholding tax , Medical Aid contributions) and submission of returns are made on time.
- Prepare monthly payroll in Belina on a timely basis.
- Assist in financial capacity assessments and review of NPA’s partners’ financial systems and budgets.
- Assist in budget monitoring and control of NPA partners budgets, expenditure and audits.
- Taking minutes when requested.
- Filing all finance and administration documents accurately and timely.
- Any other task or duty as assigned by the Finance Manager
- Qualifications And Experience
- A professional certification in Accounting (ACCA, CIMA or CPA holder) and or have an academic degree in accounting and/or financial management
- At least 5 years’ experience and demonstrated success working in finance at similar positions in an international NGO or similar (Preferably knowledge and experience managing funds from NMFA, NORAD, DFID, USDOS etc)
- Previous experience in financial monitoring and compliance
- Experience in working with partners handling capacity building and ensuring compliance issues.
- Experience in financial management and reporting.
- A clean class 4 driver’s license
- Computer literacy proficiency in MS office packages
- Experience working with Agresso Software package or any other Cloud based accounting software is an added advantage.
- PERSONAL COMPETANCIES
- Ability to build strong, credible relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong financial skills, with the ability to inspire and build the competence of staff and partners
- Excellent interpersonal skills as a team player
- Good communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, be proactive and make decisions as required
- Flexibility in terms of working hours which may include working after hours and/or weekends
- Knowledge or appreciation of Zimbabwe financial context in terms of economic and social trends plus a good understanding of the key statutory requirements.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly, at times at short notice, locally, regionally and internationally
How To Apply
For more information about NPA, please see our website at https://www.npaid.org/Our-Work/ or visit us on Facebook or Twitter
NPA is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews
To apply, email application letter and full CV with traceable references to firstname.lastname@example.org, closing date is 21 February 2022.