Bantwana Zimbabwe seeks candidates for the Finance and Administration Intern position, to be based in Bulawayo for a CDC/ZimTTECH-funded DREAMS program. The Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe women (DREAMS) program aim to reducing new HIV infections amongst adolescent girls and young women and will be implemented in four above mentioned Matabeleland North districts. Bantwana Zimbabwe will implement four core sets of interventions namely, i) HIV prevention, condom education, gender norms change, social assets building, and sexual violence prevention; ii) Education Subsidies including primary, secondary and Part-Time and Continuing Education support; iii) Combination of socioeconomic approaches for caregivers layered with positive parenting; and iv) Economic empowerment for AGYW (financial literacy, work readiness and employability trainings, vocational training for market-driven technical skills, internships).
The Finance and Administration Intern will be responsible for, assisting in instituting accounting controls, recording and reporting of assets, liabilities and income and the monitoring of disbursements of donor funds.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the processing of advance requests
- Facilitate the acquittal of advances and payment requests
- Prepare advances and procurements.
- Maintaining a proper filing system and calendar of events for the department.
- Organising workshops and other activities
- Attend and minute-take internal and external meetings
Qualifications and Experience
- First degree in Accounting and Administration Studies or equivalent qualification.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office, Excel, email and internet
- A minimum of 2 years’ professional experience in a similar position
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to deal with visitors and staff with tact and courtesy
- Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work with irregular hours
- Fluency in English and Ndebele
How to Apply
To apply for these positions, please submit a cover letter, CV, and 3 references (including name, organization, phone number, and email address) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line. Due to high volumes of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 08 December 2022