Africa Book Development Organization (ABDO) is a local civil society organization that enhances the capacities of local communities through study circles and adapts transformative approaches for sustainable development.
- Contributing to the overall goal of the organization and working under the leadership and guidance of the Finance and Administration Officer, the Intern will be required to undertake the several finance and admin duties as listed below.
- The tasks and responsibilities To assist in producing Financial Reports as per ABDO accounting policy requirements including cash flow analysis;
- Assist in maintaining financial records and analysis;
- Assist in the procurement of all goods and services, smooth coordination of activities and performance of financial and administration functions; Strict adherence to code of conduct;
- Maintain, proper and accurate records of all receipts, payments, transactions and all dealings of the organization, and non-removal of such records from the business premises without written consent of the Executive Coordinator;
- Administrative support to programs and internal processes in the organization in relation to events, conferences, and workshops
- Assist with audit requests made by ABDO auditors;
- To help with the preparation and support of the annual audit of ABDO’s financial records;
- Any other duties as assigned to you by management.
- Must be a current student of a local university or college in Accounting, Business Administration or another appropriate discipline.
- Desired skills and competencies Flexibility, willing to learn, accuracy, ability to work under pressure and good communications skills;
- High level of reliability, dynamism, objectivity, and integrity; Good computer skills especially knowledge of Excel, Word and email software and financial management and accounting software such as Pastel;
- Knowledge of electronic and paper filing systems;
- Strong commitment to teamwork;
- Effective communication,
- Written and Oral communication in English;
- Local / regional language (professional proficiency advantageous)
Submit your CV and application letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly indicate the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Africa Book Development Organisation and its partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.