About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps partners with communities as they move from a place of fragility to resilience, meeting urgent needs while addressing root causes – always powered by the belief that a better world is possible. To do this, we know our teams do their best work when they are diverse, and every team member feels that they belong. We welcome diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be stronger and have long term impact.
The Program /Department /Team
Mercy Corps has been operating in Zimbabwe since 2002 focusing its interventions on a multi-sectoral market systems development portfolio mobilizing communities to promote small-scale agriculture and revive local economies. MC Zimbabwe seeks to support at-risk communities in Zimbabwe to move towards sustainable development through building resilience and strong inclusive systems in the face of climatic and economic shocks and stresses.
General Position Summary
Mercy Corps Zimbabwe will implement a one (1) year USAID Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA)-funded ELEVATE program to respond to households experiencing acute food insecurity by providing life-saving food assistance and support agricultural interventions to improve resilience of vulnerable households in targeted underserved pockets of rural communities.
S/he will assist the finance manager in all aspects of the office to allow the smooth daily performance of finance activities in the Makoni/Mutasa and Mutoko offices, as well as coordination with other office staff on various aspects of project finances.
Duties And Responsibilities
● Primary responsibility for maintaining the project files for the ELEVATE program, including agreement, amendments, reports etc.
● Make payments based on fully approved documents and present to approved check-signers for review and signature.
● Prepare cash and bank payment vouchers and ensure that all transactions are properly and fully documented.
● Entering of transactions into Navigator on a daily basis
● Works with Finance Officers and Manager in the month end accounting close processes.
● Assists in the maintenance of all accounting records, ensuring that records are complete, accurate and safeguarded.
● Monitor cash and bank balances and coordinate monthly cash flow requests; prepare consolidated
country cash flow requests for review by the Finance Manager and submission to HQ.
● Assist the Finance Manager in responding to audit inquiries for both project and institutional audits.
● Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to
Mercy Corps and not to jeopardize its humanitarian mission
Travel and Logistics
● Coordinate general travel logistics for the program team working with the Operations Manager.
Qualifications And Experience
- ● A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or any related field.
- ● At least 2 years’ experience supporting finance and administration in the non-governmental sector and familiarity with donor regulations and administrative procedures in the implementation of USAID funded projects.
- ● Demonstrated competency with computerized general ledger software.
- ● Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- ● Prior management experience and strong organizational skills.
- ● Excellent oral and written English skills.
How To Apply
To apply, please send one document that includes your cover letter describing your interest, qualifications, contactable references, and your CV to Mercy Corps Human Resources at email@example.com by COB 12 August 2022. Applications should be clearly marked with the position applied for in the email subject line.
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity organization and encourages both female and male candidates to apply. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis and shortlisting will proceed as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.