International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for finance and administrative support duties. He/she is to ensure that day-to-day accounting and administration operations and financial management functions are performed in accordance with International Medical Corps policies, procedures and donor requirements
Duties And Responsibilities
- To prepare all cash vouchers and disbursement of funds ensuring proper coding and approvals and all supporting documentation is attached
- Act as the cash custodian ensuring all disbursements are carried out as per policies and submission of cash balances to main Country Office daily
- To input all cash journals daily in excel and accounting software to facilitate month end close
- Maintain the financial system in an orderly and systematic manner.
- To assist with monthly internal audits
- Review and ascertain that all supporting documentation is compiled correctly
- Monthly scanning of financial documents and maintaining a proper filling system.
- Ensure that purchasing and procurement is done as per procurement procedures and meet donor specific requirements.
- Assist with timely reporting on stock status and support program staff to verify that distribution has occurred according to the intentions and plans of Supervisor
- Assist with the management of all logistics matters relating to transport and fuel management.
- Actively promote Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) standards within IMC and amongst its beneficiaries.
- Adherence to the requirements of the CBFRM guidelines & procedures. The employee will implement and take part in activities in line with the CBFRM guidelines.
- Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse: Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Qualifications And Experience
- Higher National Diploma in Accounting/ or equivalent qualification.
- Knowledge in accounting packages is necessary.
- Good written and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Personal and organizational skills, including time management and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in the local languages
- At least 3 years working experience in an NGO sector in the field of Finance and Administration
How To Apply
To apply for this position please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly stating the position title on the email subject line, to email@example.com;
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
NB: Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review
Closing Date: 22 September 2022.