Children Support Trust is a recent national development NGO based in (Mutare) Zimbabwe. Its programming targets children who are victims of separation and divorce. Children Support Trust programing thematic areas are mainly child development and protection; quality accessible, safe and inclusive education, SRH for young men and women, gender normative transformation; household economic skills and empowerment support. Children Support Trust is on its inception seeks the services that are voluntary at the moment in the above field
Reporting to: The Executive Director
Purpose of the position
The FAC will supervise project and any other trusts funds managing and reporting on its financial performance to ensure best use of resources by preparing sound budgets, monitoring project expenses and ensuring timely preparations of donor financial reports. The individual must be well versed in policy formulation. He or she will be responsible for ensuring that effective internal controls and systems that govern financial management and operations are implemented in compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Ensure effective budget management with regards to grants budgets and forecasts.
- Ensure timely submission of the budget forecast coordinating with the Budget & Reporting department.
- Review the full documentation associated with financial reports for partners and ensure the timely submission of the hard copies of these documents to the accounting department for data entry purposes.
- Review cash flow requirements relating to grants payments, and coordinate with the Team Leaders to ensure effective cash flow monitoring, efficient transfer of funds, and smooth implementation of CST programs.
- Contribute in the development budget in proposals and fundraising initiatives.
- Ensure that the appropriate funding mechanism is identified for each sub-grant, and that appropriate special conditions are incorporated in each award. Review sub-grants agreements and related documentation for quality prior to signatures.
- Ensure appropriate proactive and reactive communications and engagement with CST partners through regularly scheduled partnership management meetings and regular visits.
- Ensure the timely review of partners’ reports in accordance with the terms of their partnership agreements, coordinating with the Executive Director and program teams.
- Coordinate effective partnership close out processes, incorporating reflection, lessons learned and future planning.
- Support the development of strong grants tools and mechanisms, monitoring tools and efficient review and modification systems for the grants cycle.
- In close cooperation with the Project Managers ensure detailed implementation plans are developed and implemented in line with project activities and quality standards Related to the grants.
- Collaborate closely with partners to ensure completeness, correctness and accuracy of financial reports.
- Assist in building and tracking of all budgets and financial reporting results, and advise the Program department of any potential issues with spending and financial issues.
- Support in the process of budgeting, realignment and modification, as needed, by providing historical financial data.
- Facilitate regular coordination meetings with staff, national and local partners in order to ensure effective implementation of project activities as per the set timelines.
- Maintain grant file documentation.
- Support drafting agreements, review and follow up grants agreements.
- Assist in preparation of documentation for audits ensuring that all requirements have been met.
- Ensure accurate grant kick off & close-out procedures.
Qualifications And Experience
- University degree in the Finance, Accounting, Economics, or another related field.
- Relevant professional experience in grants and financial management preferably within the humanitarian sector.
- Strong experience in managements, monitoring and implementing grants.
- Innovative and Technical
- Experience in managing large scale budget.
- Experience in working with partners, and with donors.
- Ability to deliver well-constructed high-quality reports and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and maintain appropriate and productive relations with a range of actors, including local partners
- Flexible work attitude and ability to work independently within a small team.
- Strong work ethics with moral of respect, integrity, cooperation, responsibility, productivity and professionalism.
How To Apply
Interested candidates can submit application letter together with detailed CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 17 August 2022.
Please indicate the position being applied for on the subject of your email e.g Digital Communications and Publicity Coordinator.
Kindly note that shortlisting will be done on rolling basis. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Children support trust is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and does not discriminate in terms of race, ethnic background, colour, creed, gender, sexual orientation, including persons living with disabilities, to apply.
The successful candidate will undergo relevant background checks and will be required to commit in writing to comply with the Children Support trust safeguarding procedure