Mwenezi Development Training Centre (MDTC) is a community-based organization operating in Mwenezi, Masvingo, Chiredzi, and Beitbridge districts. MDTC implements diversified community development and humanitarian programmes which are funded by various funding partners. MDTC has recently been given an award to implement a one-year USAID funded programme on “Strengthening resilience to enhance food security and nutrition of vulnerable rural communities to cope with recurrent shocks and stressors in Chiredzi district of Zimbabwe”.
Project: Strengthening resilience to enhance food security and nutrition of vulnerable rural communities to cope with recurrent shocks and stressors in Chiredzi district.
Reports to: Programmes Manager
Duties And Responsibilities
- Supervise all field activities by field staff in the operational wards.
- Develop and meet timelines for completion of projects, tasks, and activities according to donor specifications.
- Supervise writing of all reports by M&E Officer and Data Capture Clerk (DCC).
- Responsible for the implementation of activity plans guiding the Field staff at field level.
- Building the capacity of teammates on new skills and capabilities related to the programme and other activities.
- Spearhead operational review meetings and coordinate with stakeholders.
- Carry out performance appraisal for all Field staff.
- Regular communication with the management to share plans of district-level processes / procedures and obtain management approval
- Monitors and prompts the use of district processes and procedures (e.g., communication protocols)
- Attend district level coordination and USAID meetings assigned by the Programme Manager.
Qualifications And Experience
- Minimum: Diploma in Agriculture, Monitoring and & Evaluation, Social Sciences or equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Project Supervisor or Coordinator working with NGOs on resilience related programmes.
- Proven evidence of managing successful similar projects in Zimbabwe.
- Good computer skills/knowledge in SPSS, ODK, Microsoft office package and web conferencing applications.
- Experience in working with multicultural groups with knowledge of local languages (Shangani) is an added advantage.
- Strong stakeholder coordination skills (community & district level) and experience in working with government structures is an added advantage.
- At least 2 years of supervising and coordinating monitoring and evaluation of USAID funded activities.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify, communicate and resolve problems in a timely manner.
How To Apply
Terms And Conditions
Applications to be sent via e-mail on email@example.com with attached curriculum vitae and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications and addressed to The Programmes Managing Director.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NB: MDTC Does Not Charge A Fee At Any Stage Of The Recruitment Process (Application, Shortlisting And Interview).