CNFA is a US-based non-profit nongovernmental organization (NGO) that works to stimulate economic growth and improve rural livelihoods in the developing world through five core capabilities: (1) Productivity, Food Security and Nutrition; (2) Input Supply and Farm Services; (3) Economic Resilience and Rapid Recovery; (4) Value Chain Development; and (5) Volunteer Technical Assistance. Amalima Loko is a USAID-funded 5-year program implemented by CNFA and 5 partner organizations which applies community-driven approaches to improve food security, nutrition, and natural resource management in over 80 communal wards in Matabeland North.
CNFA is seeking qualified applicants with NGO operations experience in USAID-funded programs to serve as Field Operations Coordinator. S/he will serve as support for the operations team overseeing all operations in the field in compliance to USAID regulations, logistics and procurement, administration, fleet, safety, security, human resources and IT. S/he will report directly to Operations/Safety and Security Manager.
Location –Hwange with travel within Amalima Loko operational area.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervision of field staff
- Monitor asset registers
- Manage fleet at field level, including monitoring movement and efficient allocation of fleet
- Lead procurement efforts at the field level
- Managing and monitoring services provided by contractors e.g. security and maintenance
- Supervising the management of equipment, allocation, transfers within the operating areas
- Audit preparedness for the operations department
- Ensuring the implementation of archiving system
- Establish and maintain good relationships with all vendors and service providers
- Alerting Operations/Safety & Security Manager to cases of fraud and corruption and undertaking
- corrective action
- Managing difficulties in the team and work as a team with field staff.
- Compile, leave forms, timesheets etc for onward transmission to Operations/Safety and Security Manager
- Ensure that all personnel records are maintained in a confidential manner.
- Maintain a healthy and safe working environment
- Ensure proper use of PPE and compliance with safety proceduresand policies
- Undertake other assignments or tasks at the request of the Operations/Safety and Security Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in business administration, logistics or related area of study or equivalent work
- At least ten years progressively responsible work experience in management, operations and administration, including NGO field projects. USAID experiencea plus.
- Possession of both academic and professional qualifications is an added advantage
- Clean class 4 drivers’ license, class 2 will be a plus
- Computer literate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Defensive driving
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
- Good oral and written communication skills (English and local languages).
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate with wide range of stakeholders both verbally and in writing;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, willingness to innovate and ability to think systematically;
- Demonstrated ability to lead procurements and draft procurement documents in accordance with
USAID rules and regulations
- Proven experience coordinating with security services at offices and in field implementation areas
- Proven experience in managing multiple, complex and competing tasks while maintaining quality of deliverables within deadlines.
- Reliable & ethical
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage pressure
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and treat people fairly and equitably.
- High degree of professionalism, integrity and ability to demonstrate good judgement and discretion at all times
- Good negotiation and networking skills Languages
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential. Proficiency in IsiNdebele strongly preferred, and other languages spoken in Matabeleland North.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates especially women are encouraged to send their applications. To apply please send cover letter and CV to: email@example.com with “Field Operations Coordinator” in the subject line.
Deadlione: 02 December 2022 at 12 noon.