NetOne Cellular (Private) Limited seeks to recruit outstanding and results oriented individuals to fill the above posts in our organisation.
Reporting to Field Maintenance Manager To carry out Operations and Maintenance tasks on the radio, transmission, power and ancillary network so as to provide optimum service to the customers, safely, timely and cost effectively with minimum supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carries out preventive and corrective maintenance programmes for optimal network performance: interpretation of data, routine checking procedures, fault diagnostics, repair strategies
- Carries out first line maintenance on the standby generator plant, rectifiers and batteries so as to minimise power outages at the sites
- Carries out first line maintenance on the air-conditioning plant so as to minimise equipment failures caused by heat while prolonging the usefulness of assets
- Analyses alarm log details to establish fault trends and develop corrective and preventive measures
- Maintains and updates records, system drawings, station files, route schematics, etc so as to guarantee traceable records for all activities
- Implements configuration changes as per instructions from the Manager in order to optimise network performance
- Monitors network status so as to ensure timeous intervention in the event of problems
- Assists the Network Planning and Projects department, when required to do so, in the installation, testing and commissioning of new network elements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Telecommunications Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Three years' experience in Mobile cellular radio networks or microwave radios
- Must be registered with the Engineering Council of Zimbabwe.
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision
- Computer literacy including an understanding of Microsoft excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of Transmission systems and good knowledge of GSM
- Knowledge of and adherence to safe working procedures
- Ability to climb both guyed and self-supporting towers
- Clean class 4 driver's license and 2 years driving experience is a must.
How to Apply
Applications accompanied with a detailed Curriculum Vitae should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 13 November 2022