Looking for a hands-on Farm Manager with good business sense and problem-solving approaches focused on efficiency to join our team. Shall be responsible to manage staff, animal husbandry (livestock) and pasture (Lucerne) production, purchasing supplies, preparing budgets and reports.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Analysing existing operations: animal husbandry (livestock) and pasture production and recommend improvements.
- Developing irrigation designs and schedules for livestock pasture.
- Preparing paddocking schedules ensuring that employees understand expectations.
- Ensuring seeds, fertilizers, pesticides and other supplies are regularly stocked.
- Preparing budgets and reports as required.
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of staff members.
- Building professional networks and keeping abreast on developments related to agricultural science.
Qualifications And Experience
- Diploma/Degree in Agriculture/Animal science, or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in animal husbandry (livestock) and pasture (Lucerne) farming.
- Excellent interpersonal, project and people management skills.
- The ability to make decisions in stressful environments.
How To Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should apply to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach detailed CV and certified copies of relevant documents.
NB: Only Shortlisted Candidates Will Be Invited.