Supervisor: Regional Family Planning Services Coordinator
Contract Duration: Three (3) months with a possibility of renewal
The 5-year USAID funded Mhuri / Imuli program’s goal in Zimbabwe is to improve maternal, youth and child health and survival in beneficiary communities and populations. The geographic focus is the seven districts of Midlands Province, focusing on activities to increase the demand and supply of integrated, quality MNCH-FP services as well delivery of family planning services through outreach in all 8 provinces of Zimbabwe. This project will provide Technical Assistance (TA) to the MOHCC in Midlands for MNCH and direct service delivery for Family Planning through outreach services in 3 districts in the same province.
The incumbent will be responsible for the coordination and provision of quality family planning outreach services across the Midlands Province targeting the hard to reach and underserved populations. Located at a provincial level the incumbent will support the 3 districts in the province to scale up access to family planning that include Long-Acting Reversible Contraceptives (LARCs).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the provision of efficient, effective, and responsive family planning services in line with the set policies, protocols, standing orders and practices,
- Ensures that clinical standards are always adhered to as well as provision of quality service, upholding principles of continuous quality improvement into all activities
- Ensures the outreach team has adequate stocks, supplies, equipment, and staff for quality service delivery on a day-to-day basis.
- Prepares and timeously submits the required reports and, working closely with the M&E team, ensures regular and accurate reporting on organizational performance and needs.
- Coordinates collection and compilation of high-quality data to monitor project activity progress, maintaining filed records of accurate statistics that are supplied within required time frames.
- Prepares monthly schedules for the team and establishes partnerships with key stakeholders to ensure uptake of services.
- Represents the organization at provincial and district stakeholder meetings and in the community where the team will be working
- Analyses outreach sites and identifies opportunities and areas that need to be piloted, eliminated, or expanded.
- Supervises his/her team and acts as a role model for team members within the Family Planning department while identifying learning needs of the team and providing required mentorship as applicable. Provides induction, integration, and assessment of new clinical and non-clinical staff while supporting training of external health professionals
- Ensures all health and safety procedures are adhered to, to ensure their own safety, the safety of others in the team and that of all clients and actively participates in maintaining a safe working environment. Oversees that the field waste is disposed of in line with set policies and procedures. Supports the development of annual program implementation plans in line with the strategic
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to work with people of different social background Ability to build, maintain, supervise, and motivate an effective team.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and logistical skills with a proactive attitude and attention to detail.
- Strong inter-personal skills, enhancing teamwork and organizational culture.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task as the tasks demand. Will collect and collate information from multiple sources, analyzing the quantitative and qualitative data to make appropriate decisions
Qualifications and requirements:
- Degree/Diploma in General Nursing Certificate in Family Planning (Clinical and LARC- e.g., both IUCD insertion & removal & Implants insertion & removal)
- Experience in leadership an added advantage Midwifery and Community Health training an added advantage Computer Literacy
- At least 5 years’ experience in Maternal Health including programme coordination and management.