Bantwana Zimbabwe seeks an accredited and experienced female Families Matter! Program (FMP) Facilitator, to be based in the Tsholotsho district, for a CDC/Zim-TTECH, funded DREAMS Program. The Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe women) program aims to reduce new HIV infections among adolescent girls and young women and is being implemented in the above-mentioned Matabeleland North district. Bantwana is implementing four core sets of interventions namely, i) HIV prevention, condom education, gender norms change, social assets building, and sexual violence prevention; ii) Education Subsidies and primary, secondary and Part-Time Continuing Education support; iii) Combination of socioeconomic approaches for caregivers layered with positive parenting; and iv) Economic empowerment for AGYW (financial literacy, work readiness, and employability training, vocational training for market-driven technical skills, internships).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Mobilize and establish FMP groups with caregivers of adolescent girls in district hot spot areas.
- Deliver FMP sessions with fidelity to the program description.
- Refer at-risk adolescent girls and young women for appropriate services.
- Plan for and undertake make-up sessions.
- Identify and set up training facilities and venues.
- Monitor and track attendance and retention in FMP groups using appropriate tools.
- Document all FMP sessions, including lessons learnt best practices, and case studies of the most significant change for replication and upscaling.
- Provide periodic progress reports.
- Works in collaboration with the District Safe Schools Officer.
- Report to the FMP Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Fully or provisionally certified FMP Facilitator.
- Certificate or Diploma in Social Sciences, Early Childhood Development or equivalent.
- Should have experience working with children/adolescents.
- Knowledge of adolescent and sexual reproductive health.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Should have own preadolescent child or an older teenager.
- Should be located or willing to relocate to Tsholotsho or Nkayi district.
- Fluency in isiNdebele.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, CV, and 3 references (including name, organization, phone number, and email address) to: email@example.com with the position title in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.
BZ has a zero-tolerance policy on child abuse, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment and any form of discrimination based on gender, race, ethnicity, age and any other such distinguishing characteristics.
Deadline: 01 February 2023