The Ministry of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare of the Republic of Zimbabwe in partnership with the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Rwanda under the auspices of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed on 23rd December 2021, is recruiting competent Zimbabwean educational personnel to be employed in Rwanda.
- Undertake independent teaching at undergraduate, honours and postgraduate level includin designing, conducting and moderating assessment; implementing improvements informed I course evaluation activities and student feedback.
- Undertake independent professional activities, scholarship and/or conduct high qual research activities appropriate to the profession or discipline including: managing individt projects within timelines and budgets and ensuring compliance with quality and reportii requirements; publishing research results of high quality as lead or co-author; preparing a submitting external research funding applications; and supervising higher degree by research candidates.
- Lesson planning Deliver training content
- To engage in continuous assessments
- To assess the achievements of each module to monitor students' progress
- Coordinate and report on academic issues
- Assist the development of new programs
- Maintaining own professional development and engage in publications
- To undertake such other reasonable duties and/or working arrangements as may be required to meet the needs of the institution
- Annual Publication of railway engineering articles in internationals journals.
- Organize and participate in different Local, National and international expo about the Research and Innovation projects in Railway Engineering.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties and/or working arrangements as may be required to meet the needs of the institution.
- Organize and monitor an industrial attachment of students in appropriate companies.
- Perform all other tasks assigned by his/her supervisors.
- To undertake such other reasonable duties and/or working arrangements as may be required to meet the needs of the hosting institution.
- PhD degree in Railway Engineering, Railway systems engineering and integration from a recognized university with bachelor's in electro-mechanical engineering or electrical engineering or mechanical engineering or Electronics and telecommunication engineering or railway engineering is a must. The candidate should have 3years in Railway construction projects and at least 1 year teaching experience, or
- Master's degree in Railway Engineering, Railway systems engineering and integration from a recognized university with bachelor's in electro-mechanical engineering or electrical engineering or mechanical engineering or Electronics and telecommunication engineering or railway engineering iS a must.
- The candidate should have 5years in Railway construction projects and at least 2-years teaching experience,
Key Technical competencies
- Strong knowledge in train control systems and route setting
- Strong knowledge in railway traction systems
- Ability to develop the conceptual train operational plan.
- Fundamental knowledge in railway design and construction
- Ability to perform rail welding and rail grinding.
- • Management, Leadership, Communication, Problem solving, Monitoring, Coordination, Ability to determine and review priorities, plan and meet deadlines, with minimal supervision, Team player, with good interpersonal skills, and proven ability to function effectively with multiple host-country counterparts and multi-disciplinary teams, Computer literacy including Microsoft packages, Strong oral and written communication skills, including report writing and presentation skills, Strong problem-solving abilities, Proficiency in English is essential, should have creativity, innovation, organizational, time management and public speaking skills; Should demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and integrity, innovation, risk-management, technology awareness, coaching, mentoring.
- High standards of professional ethics and Secrecy.
- Efficient, effective and economic use of resources.
- Responsive, prompt, effective, impartial and equitable provision of services.
- Devotion and serving public interest.
- Accountability for administrative decisions.
- Transparency and provision to the public of timely and accurate information.
- Time management.
- Zero tolerance to corruption, rape and sexual harassment.
- Team work.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to express their interest to apply for these positions by filling out the online form accessible by clicking this link: https://forms.gle/FzDhmRYPoncWU8oA9
Candidates who will pass the pre-selection stage will be recommended by the Ministry of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare of the Republic of Zimbabwe to be registered in the online recruitment system managed by the two responsible Ministries.
Interested candidates should complete their expression of interest not later than 4 June 2022 at 5:00 pm (Harare Time). For further details or queries, candidates may contact Mr. David Munikwa, Senior Labor Officer by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +263 716 555425