The Ministry of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare of the Republic of Zimbabwe in partnership with the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Rwanda under the auspices of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed on 23rd December 2021, is recruiting competent Zimbabwean educational personnel to be employed in Rwanda.
- Facilitate the learning process in the department, Develop and innovate course content to keep programs relevant, current, and up to international standards.
- Teach/train core modules/competences in manufacturing technologies and related subjects. Prepare and deliver training sessions as per module guide.
- Conduct assessments. Assist students in portfolio building Assist in integrating industry and academic standards within curriculum development.
- IP Mark assessments and provide feedback
- Participate in assessment, certification processes, and promotion of students.
- Submit class marks and feedback to the program managers.
- Maintain manufacturing machines and equipment used in training
- Actively engage with current trends in teaching and learning strategies within the "School" environment.
- Liaise with academic colleagues/relevant industry contacts to ensure ongoing development and relevance of training.
- Participate actively in the subject matter advisory committee.
- Organize technology demonstration, training and coaching programs for trainers and trainees.
- Provide technology information and advice to Incubatees and during technical trainings and facilitate access new Computerized Numerical Control (CNC) manufacturing technologies.
- Assist trainers & incubatees in setting up innovative projects.
- Conduct research, innovative projects and contribute to creative outputs.
- Support and supervise research.
- Demonstrate evidence of ongoing creative practice
- Participate in the upgrade of program content, where relevant.
- Attend regular staff meetings and relevant events.
- File all required documentation, including tracking and reporting on at-risk students.
- Participate in student grievance and disciplinary sessions, where relevant.
- Train/Teach in accordance with the requirements of the program outcomes and in accordance with the accredited program outlines.
- Adhere to centralized policies and procedures that ensure outstanding quality and unquestionable integrity of all academic programs that are offered.
- Assist with relevant marketing activities for the school (i.e. Open days etc.)
- Engage in other business functions, where applicable, beyond core marketing responsibilities.
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of the academic program, including attendance and maintenance of student records.
- Perform other job-related duties as may be required.
- At least Bachelor's Degree in in Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering with 5 years of experience in Training / Teaching and 3 years of Industrial exposure.
- With proven extensive experience in providing high quality and relevant skills and development training in the renewable energy and energy system engineering.
- Proven extensive industry experience along with training skills shall be preferred.
Required competencies and key technical skills:
- Skills in Manufacturing Technology, designing using Computerized Numerical Control (CNC), and producing commercially viable collections for quality manufactured products
- Computer proficiency
- Skills in delivery of competence-based training (CBT)
- Skills in conduct of Competence Based Assessment (CBA) Strong commitment to excellence in teaching, research, innovation and professional service
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to use English as a medium of instruction.
- Time management skills
- Analytical and conceptual skills
- A sound knowledge of design principles
- Knowledge of material properties
- Skills in manufacturing processes and production methods
- Problem-solving skills
- Teamwork spirit High standards of professional ethics and secrecy
- Efficient, effective and economic use of resources
- Responsive, prompt, effective, impartial and equitable provision of services
- Devotion and serving public interest
- Accountability for administrative decisions
- Transparency and provision to the public of timely and accurate information
- Compliance to Rwandan moral values Time management
- Zero Tolerance to corruption, rape and sexual harassment
- Willing to be placed work anyway in Rwanda.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to express their interest to apply for these positions by filling out the online form accessible by clicking this link: https://forms.gle/FzDhmRYPoncWU8oA9
Candidates who will pass the pre-selection stage will be recommended by the Ministry of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare of the Republic of Zimbabwe to be registered in the online recruitment system managed by the two responsible Ministries.
Interested candidates should complete their expression of interest not later than 4 June 2022 at 5:00 pm (Harare Time). For further details or queries, candidates may contact Mr. David Munikwa, Senior Labor Officer by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +263 716 555425