The Ministry of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare of the Republic of Zimbabwe in partnership with the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Rwanda under the auspices of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed on 23rd December 2021, is recruiting competent Zimbabwean educational personnel to be employed in Rwanda.
- Supervise and engage in teaching and learning activities at the undergraduate and/or master's levels.
- Conduct lectures, tutorials, seminars and practical sessions on the related subject areas.
- Plan, prepare and develop materials, design teaching and assessment strategies, and deliver teaching in academic settings.
- Interact with, motivate and provide academic support to students and supervise research students.
- Lead the development or review of Automotive technology curriculum and pedagogy, overall teaching and learning approaches and strategies, as well as subject administration.
- Integrate industry and academic standards within curriculum development and coordinate and contribute to the international projection of the academic activities of the Department.
- Actively participate in the development of projects of the Department of automotive technology with high academic and professional quality.
- Actively participate in the development of research and consulting projects
- Participate in regular research and review of course content and materials, to stay up to date with international standards and ensure that course design and delivery comply with the quality standards and regulations of the institution and department.
- Lead academic and departmental committees.
- Have a strong understanding' of contemporary educational issues, be able to inspire and motivate both staff and students.
- Deliver seminars, workshops and practical demonstrations on the process for creative and innovative design as well as 3D development, pattern-cutting and realization of garment products.
- Contribute to the management of quality, audit and other external assessments.
- Act as a personal mentor to peers and colleagues and provide first-line support for colleagues, referring them to sources of further help if required.
- Resolve problems affecting the delivery of courses within own educational programme and in accordance with regulation.
- Participate to help resolve conflicts within and between teams.
- Responsible for dealing with referred issues for students within own educational programmes.
- Contribute to decisions which have an impact on other related programmes.
- Provide advice on issues such as ensuring the adequate balance of student population, appointment and student and other performance matters.
- Spotting opportunities for strategic development of new courses or appropriate areas of activity and contributing to the development of such ideas.
- Provide academic leadership to those working within programme areas, as course leader or equivalent, by coordinating the work of others to ensure that courses are delivered effectively or organizing the work of a team by agreeing to objectives and work plans with reference to the Academic Handbook.
- Contribute to the development of teams and individuals.
- Develop links with external contacts such as other educational bodies, employers, and professional bodies to foster collaboration.
- PhD/Master's degree in Automotive Technology, Mechanical Engineering or other related fields with 1 year working experience in teaching and 2 years of experience of industrial exposure or
- AO in Automotive Technology, Mechanical Engineering or other related fields with 3 year working experience in teaching and 2 years of experience of industrial exposure
- Able to maintain, diagnose and repair heavy vehicle systems: Power train; Steering system, suspension system, brake system and wheel repair), and garage management.
- Skills and computer literacy in Ms word, Ms Excel or Origin, Ms Power Point, Internet/ Digital literacy, Solid works, Computer language C+ +, Python, MATLAB, Endnote library, SPSS or other statistics software.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to express their interest to apply for these positions by filling out the online form accessible by clicking this link: https://forms.gle/FzDhmRYPoncWU8oA9
Candidates who will pass the pre-selection stage will be recommended by the Ministry of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare of the Republic of Zimbabwe to be registered in the online recruitment system managed by the two responsible Ministries.
Interested candidates should complete their expression of interest not later than 4 June 2022 at 5:00 pm (Harare Time). For further details or queries, candidates may contact Mr. David Munikwa, Senior Labor Officer by e-mail: email@example.com or by phone at +263 716 555425