The Ministry of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare of the Republic of Zimbabwe in partnership with the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Rwanda under the auspices of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed on 23rd December 2021, is recruiting competent Zimbabwean educational personnel to be employed in Rwanda.
- Facilitate the learning processes in the Department and briefing of students for assignments and providing feedback.
- Develop and innovate course content to keep programmes relevant and current, and up to international standards.
- Teach core studies in fashion design and related subjects.
- Preparation and lecturing as per the Module Guide.
- Teaching curriculum outcomes as per contract hours and stipulated per pre agreed timetable. • Perform assessments, curriculum development and administration.
- Assist in integrating industry and academic standards withing curriculum development.
- Marking assessments and providing feedback.
- Participate in examination and certification processes and promotion of students.
- Presenting class marks and feedback to the Programme Managers.
- Actively engage with current trends in teaching and learning strategies within the "campus" environment.
- Liaise with academic colleagues/relevant industry contacts to ensure ongoing development and relevance and participate actively in the subject matter advisor committee.
- Conduct research and contribute to creative outputs.
- Support postgraduate research and supervision.
- Demonstrate evidence of ongoing creative practice and develop and maintain national engagement.
- Participate in the annual upgrade of programme content, where relevant.
- Attend regular staff meetings and relevant events.
- Filing of all required documentation, including tracking and reporting on at-risk students.
- Participate in student grievance and disciplinary sessions, where relevant.
- Lecture in accordance with the requirements of the programme outcomes and in accordance with the accredited programme outlines.
- Adhere to centralised policies and procedures that ensure outstanding quality and unquestionable integrity of all academic programmes that are offered.
- Assist with relevant marketing activities for the school (i.e. Open days etc.)
- Involvement in other business functions, where applicable, beyond core marketing responsibilities.
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of the academic programme, including attendance and maintenance of student records.
- Manage online grading system and submit grades in a timely fashion.
- MSc or PhD in Fashion Design and/Clothing Technology with 3 to 5 years of work experience in the Fashion Design Industry.
- A visionary professional with extensive knowledge from the international fashion industry and pedagogical skills.
- Sound knowledge of university teaching experience in areas such as sustainable fashion design, fashion history, accessories design, pattern cutting and garment construction.
- Business acumen in fashion forecasting and trends, and experience in sewing and textile design.
- Expert in his discipline, integral as a person, working collegially, open to a global world, mastery of methodologies to carry out research in his area and competent as a teacher.
- Should have a high level of technical skills and experience in the application and delivery of advanced CAD/CAM systems specific to fashion and textile design.
- Should have specialist knowledge and capacity to advance concepts and methods in the field of digital and 3-D design fashion and textiles.
- Should have knowledge of designing and producing commercially viable collections for clothing manufacture and Oroduction.
- Should have a strong commitment to excellence in teaching, research and professional service.
- Excellent oral and written communicator, with the ability to use English as the medium of instruction.
- Affinity with the values, principles, aims and objectives of the institution.
- Competent in Microsoft Office and Google Docs, Spreadsheets and Presentation tools.
- Experience in sewing, pattern drafting and textile design.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to express their interest to apply for these positions by filling out the online form accessible by clicking this link: https://forms.gle/FzDhmRYPoncWU8oA9
Candidates who will pass the pre-selection stage will be recommended by the Ministry of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare of the Republic of Zimbabwe to be registered in the online recruitment system managed by the two responsible Ministries.
Interested candidates should complete their expression of interest not later than 4 June 2022 at 5:00 pm (Harare Time). For further details or queries, candidates may contact Mr. David Munikwa, Senior Labor Officer by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +263 716 555425