Hwange Colliery Company Limited, the leading producer of coal in Zimbabwe, has a vacancy for Executive-Operations. This is a senior managerial position which reports to the Managing Director. The incumbent will be based in Hwange. The Executive Operations will be responsible for the co-ordination of production and operations departments which include the Opencast Mine, Underground Mine, Metallurgical Operations, and Business Development & Mine Planning.The ideal candidate for the post should be able to achieve the key result areas highlighted below and meet the specified minimum qualifications and attributes.
Duties And Responsibilities
- To develop, evaluate and monitor the mining strategy to ensure the attainment of the business objectives and targets.
- To provide strategic leadership in the overall development, implementation and maintenance of operations procedures and working instructions.
- To develop and review plans and systems to achieve and improve production and processing KPIs.
- To review and regulate the commitment of resources to optimize efficiency of resources to optimize operations departments.
- To interpret the operations departments risks and ensure the development of effective risk management plans.
- To appoint competent human resources in line with mining and processing regulations so as to ensure that the overall functional objectives and goals of the organisation are met.
- Compliance and adherence to the Mining [Management and Safety] regulations, S.I.109 of 1990.
- To maintain and implement highest standards of safety, health and environment programmes, so as to ensure that the operations are conducted in a technically efficient, safe and healthy manner.
- To interface with key stakeholders such as suppliers of mining equipment & consumables, ZESA, and Regulatory Bodies (e.g EMA, Mining Inspectorate)
Qualifications And Experience
- A relevant mining engineering degree. A technical Masters degree or an MBA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of ten (10) years' experience in mining operations at senior managerial level - track record to be demonstrated.
- A strong and sound technical and mining background with wide experience in mine management operations. Coal mining experience will be an added advantage.
- Must be a team player and have good interpersonal communication and negotiation skills.
- Should be innovative, self - motivated with demonstrable business leadership and acumen.
- Mature and self - driven person.
How To Apply
For the successful candidate, the company offers an attractive and competitive remuneration package, good conditions of service and unappalled opportunity for growth.
Applications from interested candidates, accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of educational and professional certificates are to be submitted on or before 30th August 2022 to:
The Human Resources Manager
Hwange Colliery Company Limited
P. 0. Box 123
or E-mail: email@example.com