Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above-mentioned position which has arisen within Murewa Rural District Council. (Contract without Limit of Time)
The Executive Officer Finance will be Head of Department for the Finance and Economic Development Department and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To coordinate and manage the day to day functions of the Finance and Economic Development Department.
- Prudent management of the Local Authority's Financial affairs.
- Providing professional advice to the Chief Executive and Council on financial and other administrative matters.
- Sound financial and accounting systems/procedures development and implementation.
- Crafting, coordinating and implementation of the Council Budget.
- Managing the collection, banking, and utilization of the Council revenue.
- Updating and balancing of the Council Books of Accounts.
- Preparation and Production of the Council Final Accounts as per relevant statutes viz - a - viz Public Finance Management Act.
- Preparation of Monthly Financial Management Reports.
- Monthly, Quarterly, Annual and ad - hoc financial reports preparations.
- Responsible for the Council Financial Books, Records and Bank Accounts.
- Responsible for the Council Stores Management.
- Enforcement of relevant statutes and regulations.
- Checking, reviewing and monitoring effectiveness and efficiency of Council internal control systems.
- Servicing the Finance and Economic Development Committee.
- Any other duties assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree in Accounting, Finance, Full CIS, CIA, CIMA or equivalent.
- Masters in the related field will be an added advantage.
- Membership to a recognised Professional Body.
- Computer Literacy.
- At least 3 years experience in a Local Authority, Local Government or similar/related environment.
- A clean class 4 Driver's Licence.
- Police Clearance.
- Citizen of Zimbabwe.
- At least 30 years old and mature.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit application letters accompanied by detailed curriculum vitaes including three contactable referees together with police clearance, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications which should reach the undersigned through posting, emailing or hand delivering 2023 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Murewa Rural District Council
P BAG 601
Phone +263652122241, +263718590519, +263775348843
NB: Murewa rural district council is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply
Deadline: 15 February 2023