The Management Training Bureau (MTB) was established by the Manpower Planning and Development Act [Chapter 28:02] with a broad objective, among other functions, of training and producing knowledgeable and skilled human capital for the industry, focusing on priority programs for strategic sectors that have impact to economic growth.
MTB which falls under the Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education Innovation Science and Technology Development invites suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position that has arisen within this equal opportunity organisation.
- Executive Director
Reporting to the MTB Board Chairperson, the Executive Director will be responsible for implementing the strategic direction of MTB through the provision of effective leadership in all facets of the organisation. The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Developing sound strategies in line with the mandate of MTB, cognizant of the evolving technologies and national objectives.
- Leading the implementation of MTB's Strategic Plan, including technical and administrative policies as guided by the MTB Board.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of training programs in line with Education 5.0 and Human Capital Development Strategy.
- Overseeing the identification and development of Heritage-based Education 5.0 training programs that are responsive to the socio-economic development needs of Zimbabwe.
- Promoting the Ministry's internalisation of education program through the provision of Interna-tional Business Languages and Diplomacy.
- To overseeing the Hospitality and Support Services business in line with the overall organisation's Vision and Mission.
- Spearheading construction, maintenance and repair of infrastructure.
- Overseeing and ensuring that all MTB operations and business activities produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission.
- Offering strategic direction to MTB team on activities that aid fulfillment of its core training mandate as well as support services, fostering an appropriate work culture.
- Supervising and controlling all strategic functions and operational aspects of MTB, including budget and governance processes in line with relevant statutes, circulars, standards, policies, and regulations.
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring of policies to achieve internal control arrangements, ensuring compliance with internal control measures, procedures and policies, systems governing MTB operations.
- Risk management and business continuity for MTB including strategies and plans to improve internal capacities, capabilities and competencies to generate requisite efficiencies and ensure advancement of human capital.
- Fostering effective human capital management practices and establishing a high-performance work culture.
- Collaborations and partnerships with institutes of higher learning that aid the growth of the training institution.
Desired Qualifications, Key Competencies and Experience
- A hands-on and results-oriented professional and innovative leader with the following qualifications:
- At least a Master's Degree with relevant technical and/or administration/management area.
- An earned PhD level qualification in a relevant area will be a distinct advantage.
- At least 10 years working experience, 5 years of which should be at Senior Management level.
- Knowledge of Higher and Tertiary Education management systems is an advantage.
- Sound working knowledge of MTB and related bodies as well as Zimbabwe's human capital development in the context of NDS1
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills. Sound understanding of Public Sector management.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. 8 Copies of applications giving full personal particulars including full tame, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and contact details of three (3) referees and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications should be submitted not later than close of business Tuesday 31 May 2022 addressed to:
The Chairperson of MTB, Mutare Road, Msasa, Harare.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.