Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced Zimbabwean citizens to fill the mentioned vacant position.
The position is responsible for provision of secretarial and administrative support to the Director Data Protection Authority. The incumbent also provides effective and courteous support or service to people contacting the Director's office and promotes a positive image of the organisation. The position reports to the Director Data Protection.
Duties And Responsibilities
- The incumbent is responsible for the management of all Office equipment in the Director's Office to avoid any losses of such.
- Handles incoming and outgoing calls for the Director's office to ensure that the Director communicates with all stakeholders when it is appropriate.
- Liaises with Office cleaners for the upkeep of Director's office to ensure that the office is presentable at any given time. Prepares and serves tea and refreshmentsfor the Director's visitors to ensure a hospitable environment while they wait and meet with the Director.
- Receives and diarizes all requests for meetings, luncheons, workshops and conferences the Director is supposed to attend to ensure adequate planning.
- Manages all the diarized day's activities to ensure adequate planning of activities according to priority and importance. Advises the Director of received cancellations, postponements, and any other changes on diarised events to ensure rescheduling and planning of other meetings timeously.
- Prepares all necessary documents needed by the Director for workshops to ensure that they are ready for use and in the right format for workshops to be attended
- Emails all outgoing documents and distribute all incoming emails according to date, subject etc. for effective communication to ensure that documents are received timeously to the intended recipient.
- Ensure proper record keeping with the Director's Office.
- Coordinates and ensures that all meetings are conducted at the agreed time in a smooth way without any disruptions
- Circulates/Dispatches documents necessary at the meeting e.g., minutes, agenda to the Director to ensure adequate planning.
- Liaises with Office Orderly for collection and dispatch of mail at any given time.
Education And Qualifications
- Diploma in secretarial studies
- A degree in communications an added advantage
- At least 2 years' experience at the same level
Characteristics And Skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent skills in report writing.
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Results fqcus.
- Analytical Skills
- Computer Skills
How To Apply
All applications should be submitted to the Director General, 1008 Performance Close, Mt Pleasant Business Park, Harare or P.O. Box MP 843. Mt Pleasant, Harare in an Envelope clearly marked and STATING THE POSITION BEING APPLIED FOR.