A holding company with several subsidiaries is looking for an Estimator to join its Engineering Division. The Incumbent will be reporting to the Director - Group Strategy and Business Development and will be responsible for the following, among other duties:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees projects to ensure costs remain in line with forecasts
- Compiles bids for work.
- Obtains quotes for all predicted requirements from sub-contractors and suppliers
- Collates detailed price lists of everything needed on civil and electrical projects
- Clarifies the client's needs and expectations.
- Reads blueprints and takes measurements.
- Makes use of relevant computer software such as Excel, Word and Autodesk.
- Assess and complies with all risk assessments and health and safety requirements.
- Works from rough sketches and specifications created by engineers and architects
- Specifies dimensions, materials, and procedures for new products
- Drafts and prepares layout drawings of the given structures, components and devices.
- roduces draft designs and diagrams according to the given specification
- Prepares drawings and diagrams for electrical devices and installations.
- Collaborates with designers, constructors and engineers on projects.
- Calculates dimensions and allowances with accurate precision
- Compiles data and specifications sheets.
- Accommodates safety procedures and issues in installation and construction drawings coordinates and control projects from the design stage through to completion and handover;
- Coordinates with contractors and consultants onsite and ensuring that general specifications are met and construction procedures are executed properly;
- Coordinates construction inspection, project supervision and monitoring;
- Files all projects records in a proper manner that allows easy retrieval;
- Receives and record construction drawings issued;
- Submits daily, weekly and monthly progress reports as appropriate and as directed;
- Ensures that the site and occupational health and safety measures are observed;
- Carries out any other technical duties as assigned by the General Manager/ Managing Director.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- A degree or higher national diploma in civil engineering/ relevant.
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience.
- Clean class 4 driver’s license.
Interested candidates should email an application letter and detailed CVs with 3 traceable referees to email: email@example.com no later than 25th of February 2022