The university was established through an act of the Zimbabwe parliament in 2004 and opened its doors to 14 pioneer students in the faculty of Agricultural Sciences in August 2005. The expansion of university education in Zimbabwe is part of government policy adopted at the onset of independence.Head Office (Lupane Campus) P.O Box 170 Lupanehttp://www.lsu.ac.zw/
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above mentioned post.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Lease administration (Drawing up leased and getting them signed).
- Property Real Estate Management.
- Preparing monthly rent payment vouchers for leased premises (receiving and analysing rent invoices, basic rent invoices and operation costs invoices before payments are effected).
- Receiving basic services invoices such as water and owners rates bills from Local Authorities and preparing payment vouchers for the same.
- Liasing with property owners on tenancy issues in relation to lease contracts and leased properties.
- Valuations of properties, any type be it rent valuations, open market valuations (acquisition or disposal, insurance, statutory, market surveys, etc.)
- Communicating with various University departments on defects of moveable and fixed installations in the leased premises and attending to such queries.
- Supervising the maintenance team, Carpenters and Plumbers (repairs, modifications, partitioning, plumbing repairs etc.)
- Secretarial duties for the Bulawayo office for the department.
- Liasing with the Procurement department on material needed for repairs and other construction.
- Assisting and advising the Director on Real Estate issues.
- Assists the Projects Officer in managing the institution’s properties.
- Performs any other job related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications And Experience
- A Diploma in Real Estate Management, Town Planning or an equivalent qualification.
- Over three (3) years post qualification experience.
- Basic knowledge of budgeting and finance would be an added advantage.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application in a single pdf file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line to: email@example.com.
The application should consist of the application letter, Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, birth certificate and National Identity Card.
Closing Date: 16 September 2022.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.