Deadline: 19 February 2022
Medecins Sans Frontieres – Belgium is an international, independent medical humanitarian organization. We provide medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare. Our teams are made up of tens of thousands of health professionals, logistics and administrative staff - most of them hired locally. Our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of impartiality, independence and neutrality. MSF Zimbabwe, Environmental Health Project aims to improve environmental health and to reduce the burden of environmental bound diseases. Bending the curve of diarrheal outbreaks and water borne disease by providing safe drinking water to the communities, and by implementing sustainable solutions for the management of wastes, are a few examples of the activities of the project. The Environmental Health Project is composed of a team of engineers, technicians, and health promoters who handle the community aspects of the portfolios (ensuring the community engagement, training, activities handover, follow up, etc). The project is looking to fill the position of a Health Promotion (Information Education Communications IEC) Graduate intern based in Harare.
The objective of this internship is to give experience in the practical aspects of all Health Promotion (Information Education Communications) in an Environmental Health project, covering practices and procedures at Medecins Sans Frontieres / Doctors Without Borders.
- Under the supervision of the Field Communications Manager, follow field interventions for Waste Management Station, Boreholes, Stoneridge Solid waste management site;
- Assist in identifying Community Health Clubs which may need more support during the project handover;
- Support the Health Promotion team in the handover process by assisting Community Health Clubs on project activities weaning and integration into the major environmental health stakeholders’ programming;
- Assist the Health Promoter in the documentation of tool kits and handover reports;
- Under the supervision of the Health Promotion Supervisor and the Health Promoter, produce material for use within the project.
- Graduate in Health Promotion, Development Studies, Environmental Health or any other related degree;
- Solid exposure in community engagement and health promotion;
- Willingness to work in the field and engage community;
- Strong organizational skills, energy and enthusiasm, cross cultural awareness;
- Service Oriented;
- Analytical thinker;
- Communication and community engagement skills.
Interested, qualified and experienced candidates meeting the above criteria should forward their detailed CV and motivation letter as a single file by 19th February 2022 under the subject EH Graduate Intern to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. MSF-Belgium, Zimbabwe Mission does not solicit any organization or individual to recruit on their behalf.
No fee is charged throughout the recruitment, selection and placement process; Canvassing will lead to disqualification of candidates.
MSF values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment; We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.