The Enterprise Data Layer Architect will define and align Enterprise transformational journeys by balancing the Strategic Enterprise objectives with operational constraints for the Data layer. This role designs, develops, coordinates, maintains, enforces and communicates the overall Econet Wireless scalable Enterprise Data architectures that enable the delivery of high-quality intelligent products and services and ensures alignment with business strategies and drivers.
- Collaboratively designs the Enterprise Data Strategy and Enterprise Data Layer Architecture for Econet’s DSP Transformation journey, anticipating future technologies and portfolio.
- Decides on the final Enterprise Data layer architecture and ensures adoption and configuration of target state Enterprise Data architecture.
- Designs data flows and processing pipelines for ingestion and analysis (on Premises or Cloud) using contemporary tools.Clearly articulates the vision, baseline and target architectures, identifies gaps, develops and maintains all transitional architectures and roadmaps to deliver the enterprise transformation in the Enterprise Data layer.
- Research and conduct analysis to identify trends in Enterprise Big Data architecture listing technology options, risks and impacts of various architectural options and apply them in architecture development.
- Design and oversee the integration of Data and Data Management Systems across the enterprise ecosystem and prescribe reusable artifacts and solution building blocks.
- Continuously evaluate, unify and optimize the Enterprise Data Layer to reduce cost, improve Customer Effort Score and ease of doing business for Econet and its partners.
- Define, document, and monitor Enterprise Data layering and component dependencies.
- Oversee the development, analysis, and revision of design procedures, data modelling applications, test procedures, and quality standards.
- Participate in and/or lead the governance of Enterprise Design Architectures and evaluate the architectural changes as well as the impact of new Data and Data Management Systems integrations to the enterprise’s ecosystem, prescribing appropriate mitigation to risks identified.
- Advise and collaborate with Big Data and AI architects, Systems Development and DBA specialists, and other enterprise and domain specific architectural specialists in the implementation of the Enterprise Data layer designs, architecture standards and frameworks.
- Collaborate and coordinate effectively across Enterprise functions and management levels, Regulatory Authorities, Channel and Ecosystem Partners, Technology and Service Providers to influence and unlock Enterprise Data Layer strategies.
- Design, select and recommend transferable Enterprise Data Architecture Frameworks – capability, Data Modelling applications and Data Management technologies – that adhere to standards and security policies in liaison with Business Risk and Sustainable Development Goals as well as anticipate best in class, agile and flexible deployment of relevant and intelligent product portfolios and technology.
- Decides on the platforms and tools for API integrations and API management.
- Reports regularly to the GM AI&DI on the architectural evolution and delivery approaches, the impact of new innovations on the Data layer, Data and Architectural Governance issues needing support, recommendations on end to end strategic and ecosystem decisions in response to business issues.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- 6 O Levels Including Mathematics, Science and English.
- 2 A Level passes
- TOGAF / equivalent Enterprise Architecture certification is a MUST
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science, Economics, Software/Computer/ Electronic Engineering or any other Business or Technology related field equivalentAdvanced competency in Big Data Engineering
- A recognised Project Management Practitioner qualification, and/or an MBA / Master’s Degree is preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in AI development and/or Big Data engineering
- 2+ years’ experience in Data Architecture
- 2+ years’ experience in Business Case Development and Strategic Storytelling is an advantage
To apply for the above listed position, kindly follow the link below to register your candidate profile and apply directly on our recruitment portal: https://recruitment.econet.co.zw/job/enterprise-data-layer-architect-x2/
Closing date for all applications is 23 February, 2022
Please note only short listed applicants will be responded to