Applications are invited from qualified candidates to fill the above-mentioned position which has arisen within the City of Bulawayo.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the initiation of capital projects.
- Supervise the design team, construction work, surveying, roads construction, storm water and allied structures.
- Plan and document all roads related capital projects.
- Prepare project proposal reports, working drawings and contract documents.
- Enforce efficient utilisation of equipment for completion of projects to be under taken as programmed.
- Manage and evaluate Projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognised Institution.
- Must be a corporate Member of a recognised Engineering Institution.
- Clean Class 4 driver's licence At least 5 years' experience in a similar environment.
- Knowledge of current design methods, Contract Administration and Construction Techniques.
The City of Bulawayo offers an attractive package comprising a competitive salary plus a number of fringe benefits, details of which will be revealed to the shortlisted applicants.
How to Apply
Applications in envelopes clearly marked "Principal Engineer" should be sent along with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic/ professional certificates supported by three professional traceable referees
Applications to be posted to:
The Human Capital Director
City of Bulawayo
P.O Box 558
Or dropped at Ground Floor Municipal Buildings, (Tower Block) L/Takawira & R.G. Mugabe BULAWAYO
Bulawayo City Council is an equal opportunities employer.
C DUBE: TOWN CLERK
Deadline: 10 February 2023