Bindura Nickel Corporation
Trojan Nickel Mine is a division of Trojan Nickel Mine Limited, which is a 100% owned subsidiary of Bindura Nickel Corporation Limited. We are looking for suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the above position which has arisen in our organisation.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the incumbent will have a key role in supporting the business through leading the Trojan Nickel Mine Engineering functions and ensuring high mobile and fixed plant availability.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Leading and co-ordinating various Engineering functions and operations, including quality assurance of both internal and external stakeholders, risk management, operating budgets, research and development.
- Managing diversified Engineering projects, ensuring projects comply with specifications, timelines and budgets.
- Installing, commissioning and maintaining all underground and surface mobile and fixed plant to an acceptable level.
- Achieving targeted mobile and fixed plant availability.
- Managing staff complement in the Engineering Department, and ensuring systematic on-the-job training, coaching and mentorship.
- Ensuring that Engineering activities are performed in compliance with Engineering statutory requirements and the organisation's Standard Operating Procedures.
- Creating a safe working environment for people and equipment.
Qualifications And Experrience
- Bachelor's Degree (Honours) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- A qualification in Project Management will be an added advantage.
- Valid membership of the Zimbabwe Institution of Engineers (ZIE).
- 5 years working experience at senior level in a trackless underground mining environment will be an added advantage.
- Experience in hoisting and winding systems.
- Experience in computerised maintenance systems.
- Working knowledge of Safety, Health and Environmental systems.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should email their applications, accompanied by detailed curriculum vitaes and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications, by not later than Monday, 10 October 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted