Reporting to the Foreperson – Printing Production. The job exists to execute installations, proactive maintenance and repair of all electrical and electronic equipment and plant machinery to increase the profitability of the company through minimizing maintenance-production related costs.
Duties And Responsibilities
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Installs plant equipment and machinery (including printing and packaging machinery)
- Installs, maintains and repairs electro - pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Involved in new machine commissions and give advice in decommissioning of old machinery from an expert point of view.
- Maintains plant, equipment, machinery and building infrastructure to minimise electrical downtime
- Performs planned/preventive maintenance.
- Performs plant checks to identify potential machine failures.
- Plans execution of repairs or replacement of identified fault risk on machinery.
- Performs failure mode analysis on machinery/ plant equipment and give advice to procurement on the right critical spare parts required.
- Compiles machinery breakdowns data on job cards.
- Repairs electrical breakdowns, down to component level
- Modifies electrical circuit/equipment and machinery
- Programs, Calibrates or recalibrates electronic instruments(i.e. sensors, temperature controller valves and scales)
- Tests functionality of plant equipment and machinery
- Plans work breakdown structure at execution level in machinery installation projects and advise on the correct specifications of project materials to be sourced.
- Training and induction of apprentices
- Installs, maintains and repairs low/high voltage equipment
- Programs, diagnoses, tests and rectifies faults with programmable logical controllers (plc.), ac/dc drives.
- Motivates operator maintenance (First line maintenance) through daily physical checks and register sign offs as a quality measure.
- Provides advisory services to the procurement department on the correct spares
- Communicates with suppliers or machine manufacturers for maintenance support.
- Performs standby duties to service the organisation (printing, packaging, main administration) off normal working hours.
- Researches and advises on latest technology to improve plant performance.
- Assists operators with machine setups and understanding the use of machinery according to best practices.
Qualifications And Experience
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
The incumbent should:
- At least 5 ‘O’ level passes
- 2 ‘A’ level passes an added advantage
- National Certificate in Electrical Engineering
- A Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a reputable institution is an added advantage.
- Class One (1) Journeyman.
- Apprenticeship Trained – 4 years training
- 5-years post apprenticeship
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications and Curriculum Vitae with contact telephone numbers and names of at least three (3) referees. Applications should be done online on the google application form accessible on the ZIMSEC website www.zimsec.co.zw Applications should be received not later than 14th March 2022. Above positions are based in Norton and female journeypersons are encouraged to apply.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Assistant Director, Human Resources.
Zimbabwe School Examination Council (ZIMSEC)
Head Office Examination Centre
Upper East Road, Mount Pleasant
P.O. BOX CY1464, Causeway
The google application form can be accessed through the link here or click on the link below.
NB. ZIMSEC recruitment policy does not require any prospective job seekers to make payment to the Council or any of its employees as a way of securing employment.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.