With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Electrical Supervisor Construction to join our Project Delivery Group (PDG) in Zimbabwe, South Africa.
PDG helps clients reach their business goals through a range of strong technical capabilities. We ensure world-class project delivery through the skills of our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
We manage our clients’ entire project lifecycle from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies. Join our team and become part of a community that strives for positive change–providing the best solutions for our clients’ toughest challenges!
The success of the role is directly related to the ability of the incumbent to investigate client requests and develop/define the scope of work (plan, schedule and strategy), and carry the clear responsibility and accountability for delivery of the project goals as set down by the client.
A Successful Candidate Will
- The Electrical Construction Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the construction contractors and maintaining the project performance goals for the Electrical and Instrumentation discipline within his geographic area of responsibility.
- Supervisors coordinate work efforts and ensure activities are sequenced in accordance with the project schedule. A supervisor must be a competent person in the construction trade so that they may accurately evaluate the methods and performance in all respects of the particular scope elements of the project for which he is accountable.
- Responsible for construction supervision and administration including supervision of contractors and their subcontractors for assigned portions of the project.
- Assists in the coordination of the design deliverables to support continuous and efficient construction.
- Communicates the identification, management and resolution of deficiencies and non-conformance to the Construction Manager.
- Assists with site administration and record keeping procedures in accordance with the Construction Execution Plan.
- Assists with construction estimating, scheduling, cost control and reporting for all work being performed by the contractor in his assigned area of the project.
- Job site point of contact for all contractors in his assigned area of the project
- Provide technical assistance to QA/QC
- Review and approve QA test reports and documentation where required
- Review and verification of contractor’s monthly progress reports
- Technical degree or equivalent years of supervisory experience required for a leadership position.
- Minimum five to ten years’ onsite experience on major projects.
- Strong leadership skills, the ability to motivate and lead discipline-focused site teams to successfully execute the assigned scope of work.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Broad knowledge of the EPCM model of project delivery including the activities, interfaces and interdependencies of all project disciplines (engineering, procurement, construction management, and other project related disciplines)
- Comprehensive knowledge and ability to practically interpret and apply good construction practice and appropriate industry standards.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and communicate well with project works contractors as well as the project team (Hatch, Client, others)
- Competent management and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem - solving skills.
- Ability to produce workable and timely solutions to a myriad of field issues.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Exhibits flexibility and effective situational leadership skills.
- Appropriate physical condition to suit the demands of the job.
Why join us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think globally, work locally
- Engage with people who make a difference
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.