Bantwana Zimbabwe (BZ) is seeking experienced persons for the role of District Driver for a USAID-funded project to reduce the vulnerability of orphans and vulnerable children (OVC), and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) to HIV and GBV. BZ is a leader in the development of high quality, comprehensive OVC service delivery in high HIV prevalence districts in Zimbabwe. BZ brings a significant track record of excellence and innovation in improving access to and quality of integrated OVC care and support, with a particular focus on strengthening coordination and layering of care, protection and support services across the HIV continuum of response, for vulnerable children and their caregivers at community, district, provincial and national levels.
Reporting to the District Finance and Administration Officer, the District Driver is responsible for ensuring that staff, authorised passengers and supplies are transported to and from assigned destinations safely and proper maintenance of vehicles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Transport the staff, authorized passengers, goods and commodities to and from assigned destinations safely always and record and file supporting documentation.
- Properly log in all trips and following all laid down guidelines in accordance with the transport policy
- Ensure all vehicles are refuelled on time per vehicle policy guidelines.
- Submit periodical updates and incident reports to the supervisor
- Ensure security and safety of Bantwana Zimbabwe vehicles and all other BZ assets and inventory
- Ensure compliance with the vehicle policies.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 5 ordinary level subject passes. An entry level qualification in Logistics or equivalent is an added advantage.
- At least four years’ experience in a similar post within an NGO environment
- Clean Class 4 driver’s License plus valid defensive driving certificate
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English are essential. Knowledge of Ndebele is an added advantage.
- Computer literacy.
- Flexibility and calm, whilst working under pressure and adapting to changing priorities
How to Apply
To apply for these positions, please submit a cover letter, CV, and three references (including name, organization, phone number, and email address) to: email@example.com with position title in the subject line. BZ is an equal opportunity employer. The application deadline is 8 December 2022. Due to the anticipated high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
BZ has a zero tolerance policy on child abuse, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment and any form of discrimination based on gender, race, ethnicity, age and any other such distinguishing characteristics.