International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
The incumbent will be responsible for providing efficient, reliable and safe driving services; Additionally, s/he drives the office vehicle for transporting authorized personnel and delivery/collection of mail, documents and other items ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues
The Driver also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, confidentiality, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure roadworthiness of the vehicles.
- This includes daily check of tyres, brakes, engine oil, fan belt etc
- Arrange for minor repairs and ensures that the vehicles are kept clean both inside and out
- Keep records of spare parts for the vehicle and conduct monthly inventory of the spare parts
- Ensure that the vehicles undertake regular service intervals
- Make sure that the vehicle always has full tank prior departure for field trips, and jerry cans if necessary
- Find the most direct routing over the best available roads to the destination
- Ensure that the vehicle(s) is used only for official/ authorized business, as advised by the supervisor
- Ensure that all the required documents/supplies in the assigned vehicles including vehicle insurance, vehicle licenses and registration, vehicle logbooks, first aid kit, necessary spare parts etc. are in the assigned vehicle at all times
- Make sure that the daily log sheet is prepared and a monthly report is prepared summarizing statistics linked to mileage, fuel consumption etc. for the vehicle
- Keep a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions, which involves IMC and its officials
- Take proper measurements to reduce potential security threats to passengers or property within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle and along transport routes
- Collect and delivers mail / documents as assigned
- Ensure that the steps required by the local rules and regulations (pertaining to driving) are taken in case of involvement in accident
- Perform any other duties that the supervisor may assign. The Driver may be called upon to work outside normal working hours and weekends.
- Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse: Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Qualifications And Experience
- Minimum O level qualifications with at least 5 passes
- Must possess Valid Class 4 Driving License
- Defensive driving certificate
- At least 4 years’ driving experience working for a humanitarian organization
- Mechanic qualification and experience an added advantage
- Personal Commitment and high level of integrity
- Good understanding of roads and road conditions in areas of operation
- Fluent in English and the local languages
How To Apply
To apply for this position please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly stating the position title on the email subject line, to email@example.com;
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
NB: Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review
Closing Date: 22 September 2022.