Job Posting:Feb 16, 2022, 1:06:09 PM
Closing Date:Mar 10, 2022, 12:59:00 AM
1. TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR DRIVER
Title: Driver (SSA Contract) roster purposes only
Proposed grade: GS2
Expected Duration: Six months
* Purpose of the Position
* Objectives of the Programme and the immediate Strategic Objectives
Country Office Support Units have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
Within the CSU unit, the Operations Support and Logistics team is responsible for a pool of WHO vehicles and other transportation medium ensuring efficient use of resources and coordinating field travel to the regions across the country.
* Organizational context (Describe the individual role of the incumbent within the team, the guidance and supervision received and training or briefing provided to others)
The incumbent works on the basis of general instructions, own experience and precedents, following WHO CO-specific procedures and practices, rules and regulations, to ensure smooth work flow in the assigned area of work. The incumbent is encouraged to seek guidance for unusual issues. Most of the work is controlled for correctness and appropriateness by the incumbent. Work is reviewed on an ad hoc basis by supervisors for meeting expectations and overall quality; correspondence is signed or cleared by originator. Specific assignments are checked by the originator and/or the Operations Officer.
The Work might require driving for long periods, lifting pouch bags, some of which are over 25 kilograms (Kgs) and also driving subject to weather and traffic risks. The incumbent is expected to Works and presents oneself in a professional manner in line with the WHO code of conduct.
* Summary of Assigned Duties (Describe what the incumbent has to do to achieve main objectives)
1. Drive office vehicles to convey authorized personnel, handle delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items;
2. Meet authorized personnel at the airport, facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required;
3. Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
4. Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
5. Performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs, regular servicing and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean and mission ready.
6. Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumptions, oil changes, greasing, etc. and fills in the Monthly vehicle data form at the end of the month.;
7. Ensures that the steps required by the rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident;
8. Perform other related duties as required or instructed, including providing support to other areas of work as assigned by the supervisor.
* Difficulty, Sensitivity, Nature and Importance of Work Relations
With whom (indicate title only) and for what purpose does the job require contacts?
Title of person contacted Subject and purpose of contact
Within unit/division Operations Officer To discuss assignments, obtain and give information, provide support
Within Organization at duty station Staff at all levels in the CSU, other clusters and departments, and administrative, financial and other services To give and obtain information, obtain services, discuss issues of common interest
Within Organization outside duty station Staffs in Hubs, Visitors and participants to meetings
To give/obtain information, and to provide protocol/logistical support during meetings
Outside the Organization
3. Recruitment Profile
Competencies : Generic
Describe the core, management and leadership competencies required - See WHO competency model - list in order of priority, commencing with the most important ones.
*1. Knowing and managing yourself
*2. Producing results
*3. Fosters integration and team work
4. Moving forward in a changing environment
Functional Knowledge and Skills:-
*Describe the essential knowledge and the skills specific to the position.
• Ability to read, write and understand instructions in the working language
• Knowledge of driving rules and regulations of the country and skills in minor vehicle repair.
• An ability to write a concise and official report of incidents.
• Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads and conditions.
• Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
• Ability to work in a team
Essential: Completion of secondary education or equivalence training and valid driving license.
Desirable: Basic mechanics certificate and first aid training would be an advantage.
Essential:- Minimum of two years driving experience as a driver; clean safe driving record.
Desirable:- Experience in driving within WHO or other UN agency an asset. Experience in Oracle-based or other ERP systems an asset.
English: oral and written
Other Considerations (e.g. Physical Workplace Condition, if other than normal office environment; IT Skills; etc.)