International Medical Corps is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in areas worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at high risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance. International Medical Corps began its operation in Zimbabwe in 2009 in response to the cholera outbreak and since, we have delivered quality health services, nutrition and food-security programs, and have reduced the spread of waterborne diseases by increasing access to clean water and improving hygiene practices. International Medical Corps’ Zimbabwe mission has recently provided Nutrition, Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and maternal and child health support and preparedness capacity-building. Operations have been centralized in Matabeleland North and Matabeleland South provinces and there are plans to expand programmatic coverage to Masvingo Province. International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to the International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
The Driver / Mechanic will be responsible for maintaining and driving the organization's vehicles to authorized destinations. S/He will be responsible for ensuring cleanliness of assigned vehicles, record and maintenance of mileage/logs books and movement documents as per organizations policies, oversee safety and security for vehicles assigned at all locations.
- Comply with the Zimbabwe Highway Code and organizational policies on driving at all times;
- Ensure all vehicle maintenance services are carried out in accordance with set service schedules and checklist duly signed and completed;
- Undertake all repair work assigned to meet set standards in readiness for travel and continuously monitor condition of each vehicle assigned to and promptly report to the supervisor, in case of any damages, accidents and incidents;
- Plan ahead to meet anticipated travel requirements including: fueling, pre-travel checks, travel documents, vehicle expenses and any other documents, and liaise with persons traveling for packing instructions and timings;
- Ensure copies of daily mileage logs, pen and clipboard are readily available in all vehicles assigned to, promptly collect used sheets to avoid loss or defacing.
- Submit these to supervisor / Operations Officer; Routinely check all assigned vehicles licenses, insurances and promptly advice the Operations Officer when renewals are due;
- Carry out duties of staff transport as assigned;
- Ensure high quality, courteous and efficient services and safe driving for all occupants, including adherence to regulations (wearing of seat belts);
- Report immediately on route changes due to security, bad weather or road conditions;
- Take delivery of sub-contracted works carried out on organizations vehicles, inspecting and certifying conformity with requirements and expectations and advising the Operations Officer;
- Is accountable for all spares, accessories etc fitted in assigned vehicles during repairs at the workshop or field;
- Fill vehicle performance reports at the end of each long trip and strictly follow up that repair needed are carried out;
- Complete other duties as necessary and assigned by the 7supervisor / Operations Officer;
- Ensure vehicle cleanliness at all time;
- Ensure compliance with safety and security guidelines of IMC including mileage limit requirement and other.
Code of conduct
As applicable to this position, an individual must promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the organization and maintain a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adhere to those standards. The position holder is expected to set an example of ethical behavior through one’s own conduct and oversight of the work of others; ensure that those who report to you have sufficient knowledge and resources to follow the standards outlined in the Code of Conduct & Ethics; monitor compliance of the people you supervise; enforce the Code of Conduct & Ethics and International Medical Corps’ policies, including the Safeguarding Policy and the Protection from Harassment, Bullying and Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, consistently and fairly; support employees who in good faith raise questions or concerns.
- It is the shared responsibility and obligation of all staff to safeguard and protect populations with whom we work, including adults who may be particularly vulnerable and children.
- This includes safeguarding from the following conduct by our staff or partners: sexual exploitation and abuse; exploitation, neglect, or abuse of children, adults at risk, or LGBTI individuals;and any form of trafficking in persons.
- Staff are also responsible for preventing violations to our Code of Conduct and Ethics, which may involve Conflicts of Interest,
- Fraud, Corruption or Harassment.
- If you see, hear or are made aware of any violations to the Code of Conduct and Ethics or Safeguarding Policy, you have an obligation to report.
- Equal opportunities
- International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants withoutregard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Valid Class 4 Driving License and class 2 is an added advantage;
- Valid defensive driving certificate; At least 5 years’ driving experience working with an organization or company, driving experience with humanitarian organization is a plus;
- Mechanic qualification and experience an added advantage;
- Fluent in English and local languages.
Please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating
on the email subject line the position title.