CNFA is a US-based non-profit nongovernmental organization (NGO) that works to stimulate economic growth and improve rural livelihoods in the developing world by empowering the private sector through five core capabilities:
- Productivity, Food Security and Nutrition;
- Input Supply and Farm Services;
- Economic Resilience and Rapid Recovery;
- Value Chain Development; and
- Volunteer Technical Assistance.
- CNFA assists smallholders in increasing household-level food security and nutrition through improved agricultural practices, introduction of new varieties, diversification of crop production, food preservation and storage, development of farmer-based organizations (FBOs) and strengthened linkages to markets.
- CNFA has worked in Zimbabwe since 1999 to enhance agricultural productivity through input supply systems.
The Driver mechanic will be responsible for maintaining and driving the organizations vehicles to authorized destinations. Ensure cleanliness of assigned vehicles, record and maintain mileage logs and movement documents as per organizations policies, oversee safety and security for vehicles assigned at all locations during travel.
REPORTS TO: Fleet Officer
DUTY LOCATION: Bulawayo
Duties And Responsibilities
- Comply with the Zimbabwe Highway Code and organizations policies on driving at all times.
- Ensure all vehicle maintenance services are carried out in accordance with set service schedules and checklist duly signed and completed.
- Undertake all repair work assigned to meet set standards in readiness for travel and continuously monitor condition of each vehicle assigned to and promptly report to Fleet Officer & Operation/Safety & Security Manager in case of any damages, accidents and incidents.
- Plan ahead to meet anticipated travel requirements including: fuelling, pre-travel checks, travel documents, vehicle expenses and any other documents, and liaise with persons traveling for parking instructions and timings.
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple program deadlines
- Ensure copies of daily mileage logs, pen and clipboard are readily available in all vehicles assigned to, promptly collect used sheets to avoid loss or defacing. Submit these to Fleet Officer.
- Routinely check all assigned vehicles licenses, insurances and promptly advice the Fleet Officer when renewals are due.
- Carry out duties of staff transport as assigned. Ensure high quality, courteous, efficient services and safe driving for all occupants.
- Report immediately on route changes due to security, bad weather, road conditions or otherwise to the Fleet Officer and Operations/Safety & Security Manager as the situations arises.
- Assist to identify training needs in view of self-improvement in performance appraisals and give feedback on trainings attended. Set goals and give feedback on training on courses attended, which are of benefit to other personnel.
- Take delivery of sub-contracted works carried out on organizations vehicles, inspecting and certifying conformity with requirements and expectations and advising the Fleet Officer
- Have a vehicle inventory register and being accountable for all spares, accessories etc fitted in assigned vehicles during repairs at the workshop or field.
- Fill vehicle performance reports at the end of each long trip and strictly follow up that repairs needed are carried out.
- Complete other duties as necessary and assigned by the Fleet Officer & Operations/Safety & Security Manager
- Assist with clerical and filing duties
- Keep all sensitive information pertaining to CNFA confidential
Qualifications And Experience
- Secondary education
- At least 5 years of NGO experience as driver, with experience in Matabeleland North preferred
- Diploma in Administration/Transport/Logistics is an added advantage
- A recognized motor vehicle mechanic qualification strongly preferred
- Class 4 and preferably class 2 driver’s license (unendorsed)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirement
- Defensive driving
- Willingness to travel under difficult circumstances
- Knowledge of vehicle maintenance and repair
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
- Good oral and written communication skills (English).
- Knowledge and skills in vehicle maintenance and repairs is an added advantage
- Reliable & ethical
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and manage pressure
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and treat people fairly and equitably
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential.
- Ability to speak and understand IsiNdebele and/or other languages spoken in Matabeleland North is preferred.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates especially women are encouraged to send their applications. To apply please send cover letter and CV to Amalimarecruitment@gmail.com with “Driver Mechanic” in the subject line.