The Friendship Bench is evidence–based, mental health intervention developed in Zimbabwe to bridge the mental health treatment gap. We value mental well-being and strive to improving people’s quality of life through problem solving talk therapy. You can visit the website for more information.
The Driver, under the guidance of the HR and Admin Manager performs work in the operation of a vehicle to assure safe transportation of FB staff to and from various destinations. Assumes responsibility for care and maintenance of the vehicle to include but not limited to fuel consumption and allocation, accurate accounting for kilometres, facilitate procurement of services and equipment for vehicles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive motor vehicle and maintain same in good working condition.
- Ensure vehicle cleanliness and checks for such essentials as fuel, oil, water and tyre pressure regularly as is necessary.
- Maintain all trip records such as, purpose of same, mileage, fuel and time at each stop.
- Use vehicle to collect and deliver mail, equipment, furniture, office supplies and other items on behalf of Friendship Bench.
- Record delivery of items in dispatch book and work with supervisor in scheduling field activities.
- Transport relevant personnel to/from official meetings, seminars, workshops and functions.
- Provide regular reports of fuel allocation and consumption.
- Ensure accurate accounting of kilometres, fuel consumption, cost and maintain log of fuel consumption checking for kilometres against usage.
- Facilitates procurement of equipment and services, through sourcing for quotations and assessment.
- Reports maintenance problems to the supervisor.
- Schedule all maintenance, servicing and repairs of all vehicles, ensuring the use of quality spare parts and focusing on limiting vehicle down time.
- Work with Program/Implementation Team in scheduling field activities and vehicle usages needs.
- Work with Finance Team in scheduling bank errands.
- Perform other related work as required from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 ‘O’ levels including English language and possession of Trade Test Certificate or any other recognised Traffic Certificate would be an added advantage.
- Clean Class 4 Driver’s License (Class 2 License will be an added advantage)
- Valid Defensive Driving Certificate is a must.
- Knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance desirable and of the country’s roads and routes.
- Strong team player and a desire to make a difference every day.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar position.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong service ethos is essential.
- Knowledge of Zimbabwe transportation laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of logistics, fleet scheduling, administration and maintenance.
- Good knowledge of vehicle maintenance spare parts and repairs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office application is required.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Extensive knowledge of vehicle insurance, safety and traffic rules.
- Strong Zimbabwe experience and knowledge of Zimbabwe context.
- Good knowledge of vehicle insurance policies required,
- Extensive knowledge of traffic rules is a must.
How to Apply
Candidates meeting the above requirements must submit their application letter, copy of CV and a motivational letter to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 07 November 2022