To add value to the company through the provision of delivery/collection service alike Their job is to drive safely, deliver goods, complete errands. and collect payments if necessary. They may also need to communicate directly with homeowners or business owners to get signatures to verify the arrival of a package. The driver is also expected to load and offload goods from deliveries and collections .
Reporting to Logistics Coordinator, Fleet controller.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicating with dispatchers, drivers, and other team members to make deliveries.
- Meeting delivery deadlines.
- Performing basic truck maintenance.
- Loading and unloading cargo.
- Tracking shipments and deliveries.
- Obtaining client or customer signatures when needed.
- Daily vehicle checks and reporting to the logistics coordinator for workshop checks.
Qualifications and Experience
- A valid Class 2 driver's license, and a valid defensive certificate (Current).
- Knowledge of how to handle materials safely, such as fragile items or chemicals.
- Familiarity with using navigation systems.
- Time management to ensure deliveries are made on schedule.
- Physical ability to load and unload heavy cargo.
- 2-5 years in similar role.
How to Apply
Email your CV to: email@example.com
Deadline: 27 January 2023