JPV is implementing a social mobilization programme promoting SASA Faith to combat Sexual, Gender and Based Violence in Faith communities and as such seeks to recruit District Officers for the programme in Bikita and Insiza. The officer should be resident or be able to relocate to the preferred district. Reports to the Programmes Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
Technical Support to Start Awareness Support Action SASA! Faith Teams:
- Support technical capacity building of SASA! Faith teams, through trainings and workshops
- Support SASA! Faith teams to ensure SASA! Faith phase action plans are planned and developed in a timely manner that meets project objectives.
- Mentor and guide SASA! Faith team in planning, implementation, documentation, and monitoring of SASA! Faith activities.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with SASA! Faith teams.
- Monitoring and support to Community Activists.
Learning and Knowledge Management:
- Coordinate SASA! Faith phase training planning, delivery, and evaluation
- Provide logistical support for trainings.
- Participate in shared learning spaces with colleagues on SASA! Faith
- Collect case studies and provide content demonstrating the impact of SASA! Faith for donor reports and other publications.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- In coordination with the SASA! Faith team, Programmes Manager and M&E Officer, ensure timely and accurate M&E plans to ensure that SASA! Faith outcomes remain on track and align to the project outcomes and targets.
- Provide guidance and support to SASA! Faith teams on the effective use of SASA! Faith M&E tools, data entry, data analysis and reporting.
- Participate in organisational quarterly meetings, programme review meetings and any other meetings as required.
- Undertake any other responsibilities assigned by the Program Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Development studies, Gender Studies or a related social science degree.
- Minimum two years of working in a local development organisation.
- Experience in GBV programming, including prevention and response strategies.
- (Experience of working to support SASA! Or SASA! Faith programming / working in a faith-based institution is an added advantage).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills, particularly in relation to facilitating trainings on GBV.
- Highly organised, with excellent planning, prioritisation and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent report writing skills and an aptitude for designing projects and proposals.
- Competent in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and with internet/email.
- Demonstrate a commitment to gender equality and an ability to influence and engage others to support gender issues.
- Capable of working efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Spoken and written fluency in English and Ndebele.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the preferred district. This is a women centred project, hence female candidates with a Christian background are encouraged to apply. Please send your detailed CV with 3 traceable referees (max 3 pages) and motivational letter.
Deadline: 01 March 2023.