The Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative seeks to identify an individual to work as District Based Social Worker to facilitate an emergency response focused on strengthening disaster preparedness and resilience building, reducing hazard exposure, through PSS mainstreaming. The individual who should be a Psychosocial Support Specialist will be based in Bulawayo Tredgold.
This is an urgent position; shortlisting of candidates will be done on an ongoing basis, this advert will be closed once a suitable candidate is identified.
The future job holder will adhere to REPSSI`s values and commit to REPSSI`s code of conduct, PSEA Policy, child and adults at risk safeguarding and protection policy. In this regard reference checks and background checks on applicants will be performed including police clearance on child and SEA-related offenses in conformity with REPSSI Policies. REPSSI encourages qualified women and persons with disabilities to apply for the position.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Support technically the assessment of children, adolescents, and young women’s needs in humanitarian situations in the district of operation
- Facilitate access to psycho-social support, access to Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM), SRHR information, prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation
- Coordinate the capacity strengthening activities on disaster preparedness, reduced the exposure of children to harm, and resilience-building at the district level
- Support integration of PSS and CPiE, into education and health service for vulnerable children in the district
- Coordinate and monitor activities in the assigned districts
- Effectively communicate program expectations to district stakeholders
Ensure a fully functional district system that delivers on Expected Objectives
- Represent REPSSI in collaboration with duty bearers and host government departments and other partners
- Collaborate with district service providers such as VHWS, CCWs, CPCs, DCPC, and district social workers to facilitate children’s access to critical child protection services.
- Provide technical support to the district emergency actors to mainstream PSS during the emergency response
Advocate for PSS Mainstreaming and communicate Project Activities
- Establish and maintain relationships with district health, education and Department of social welfare office, and Probation Services
- Participation in relevant district coordinating bodies such as DCPC, DAC, and Child Protection/PSS Working Group committees
- Liaison with other NGOs working in the same districts
Support M&E and learning within the project
- Monitor project processes and provide feedback to stakeholders
- Participate in planned project baselines
- Facilitate project reporting and activity reviews for submission to the Project Coordinator
- Contribute to organizational learning on PSS mainstreaming in emergencies
Qualifications And Experience
- A degree in Social Work, or equivalent Social Sciences
- Good knowledge of Psychosocial Support
- Demonstrable knowledge of child protection, Child protection structures, and understanding of the Child protection National Case Management System.
- (NCMs) for the care, protection, and welfare of children in Zimbabwe
- Proven facilitation and training skills
- Experience in coordination and facilitating the emergency project at the district level
- A self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
How To Apply
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention- Human Resources
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter as one document.
Applications should clearly show in the Subject line:
DISTRICT-BASED SOCIAL WORKER – TREDGOLD BULAWAYO.