The National Biotechnology Authority (NBA) of Zimbabwe is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for the position of Technical Director reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. The purpose of this position is to oversee project life cycle from conception to completion with an emphasis on soundness and resources efficiency (Research, Development and Innovation, Genomics Centre and Ports Control and Inspectorate). The incumbent will report directly to the CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Spearheading biotechnology and biosafety research, development, innovations and application.
- Ensuring safety and security in the development and application of biotechnology.
- Advising the CEO of biotechnology and biosafety matters.
- Formulating and implementing strategies for the Technical Divisions.
- Supervising the regulatory and research activities.
- Resource mobilisation.
- Budget formulation and Control.
- Ensure that research deliverables meet quality standards and business requirements.
- Supervising all Technical Divisions.
Qualifications and Experience
- A PhD in Biotechnology or any relevant natural sciences field.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in either private or public sector preferably both at least 5 years at senior management level.
- Proven record of experience in biotechnology research and innovation by way of peer -reviewed publications, patents and industrial processes.
- Clean class four driver's licence.
- Good leadership skill in science.
- A technically sound individual with character to match.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- High levels of social and emotional maturity.
- Highest levels of integrity, transparency and honesty.
- Must command market credibility and exhibit levels of gravitas commensurate with the standing of the role.
How to Apply
Experienced and suitably qualified applicants should submit application letter, certified copies of academic qualifications and detailed CV giving full details including place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability and names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the The Human Resources Manager.
Deadline: 30 December 2022.
NBA is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary, allowances and other benefits and these shall be disclosed to short-listed candidates only.