Great Zimbabwe University, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following posts that have arisen within the institution:
1.0 VICE CHANCELLOR’S OFFICE
1.1 Director, Security Services (1 Post)
Duties And Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overseeing the day to day administrative functions of the Security Department;
- Formulating security related policies;
- Advising the Vice Chancellor and Management on all security related issues;
- Developing and recommending security strategies for the University Campuses;
- Supervising and directing operations of the University Guards through Security Officers and Sergeants;
- Developing manpower development programmes for the department;
- Detecting and investigating theft, and other security breaches that may occur in the University from time to time and produce reports;
- Reporting criminal cases that may arise to the police and attending to the matters at Court;
- Facilitating orientation of new students on Security issues within the University;
- Overseeing the loss control function of the department and making recommendations to the Vice Chancellor and management;
- Carrying out any other duties assigned.
- Generating daily activity reports, incident reports and maintenance reports;
- Checking attendance registers to ensure that all personnel are on duty;
- Coordinating and supervising all security personnel during events;
- Routine checks of all personnel on duty; and
- Ensuring assigned duties are completed on scheduled times.
- Informing management, at all times, of the security breaches around the University; and
- Effectively communicating with all security personnel on the discharge of their duties.
- Assigning work activities and stations to all Security personnel;
- Planning, directing, coordinating and reviewing the work plan for assigned staff;
- Motivating, disciplining and evaluating staff performance against set goals and objectives;
- Identifying training needs and training staff;
- Handling grievances and providing leadership to staff in the department;
- Ordering work tools and uniforms for staff; and
- Maintaining Conducive working environment.
Qualifications And Experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- The ideal candidate must have at least a Master’s Degree in Security and Risk Management and a first degree in Security and Risk Management or equivalent.
- A Diploma in Security Management would be an added advantage.
- Applicants should have at least ten (10) years’ experience in the security service of which four (4) must be at supervisory level.
Applicants should be mature, hardworking, reliable, responsible, have proven ability to manage crisis and emergency incidents, and comprehensive understanding of physical security systems. In addition, applicants should possess excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, organisation, leadership and planning skills.
How To Apply
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Applications inclusive of the following: application letter, certified copies of academic certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and a detailed curriculum vitae giving full details of names, date of birth, experience, contact telephone number(s) and names and addresses of three referees must be emailed to email@example.com as a single PDF file.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar, Human Resources and Legal Affairs
Great Zimbabwe University
P.O. Box 1235