The Public Service Commission is inviting applications to fill the above vacant post in the Ministry of Industry and Commerce:
STATION : PROVINCE
Duties And Responsibilities
- Contribute to the formulation of policies, regulations, strategies and guidelines on commerce and industrial development in all sectors of the provincial economy.
- Coordinate needs assessment for the industrial and commercial sectors and identify gaps in business development and technical skills in the Province.
- Provide technical advice to companies in the Province on strategies that enhance competitiveness in local, regional and international markets.
- Superintend over the development of initiatives for enterprise development and resuscitation of ailing industries and other industrial viability and sustainability initiatives in the Province.
- Spearhead the promotion of value addition and import substitution initiatives and activities in the Province.
- Monitor trade performance in the Province including the Small and Medium Enterprises Sector and ensure contribution to national economic development
- Oversee the enforcement of national Quality Assurance Standards and measures (legal metrology) in trade in the Province in order to ensure that products and services conform to local, regional and international standards.
- Monitor developments on pricing systems and mechanisms and the availability of basic commodities in the provincial economy.
- Facilitate resolution of commercial rent disputes and determination of fair commercial rent in the province through the Commercial Rent Board.
- Monitor developments at the border and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to promote border efficiency.
- Superintend over the mobilization of resources and the development of budgets and funding strategies for the promotion and development of industries and commercial enterprises in the province.
- Superintend over the compilation of the provincial bi-annual commercial sector, manufacturing review and state of industry reports and the development and management of a provincial database on projects, programmes and all key players in the industrial and commercial sectors of the province.
- Ensure effective representation of the Ministry in the province.
Qualifications And Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Studies/Administration, Commerce or equivalent.
- A Master’s degree in any of the above fields is an added advantage.
- At least eight (8) years of relevant experience in the industrial/ commercial sectors, two (2) of which must be at Deputy Director or equivalent grade
- In-depth knowledge of the industrial, financial and commercial environment.
- A thorough understanding of national development policies, priorities and programmes.
- A team leader with high levels of supervisory skills, integrity and capable of handling confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with internal and external partners with limited supervision.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain dynamics, international trade market requirements, standards and quality assurance of goods and services.
- Thorough understanding of consumer protection protocols and statutes.
- Ability to employ information communication technology in the development, monitoring and evaluation of industrial and commercial policies, guidelines and framework.
How To Apply
Candidates, [especially women], with relevant long-term experience at senior levels in the private sector or in the non-state enterprises domain within and outside Zimbabwe are encouraged to apply.
Application letters, including detailed CVs and copies of certificates should be submitted to email@example.com by 26 June 2022 and should be addressed to:
Public Service Commission