The Director-General is the Chief Executive, Operating and Accounting Officer of the Commission. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above vacant post.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Providing overall leadership to the day-to-day operations of the Commission.
- Ensuring the implementation, planning, organising and directing of the operations of the Sports and Recreation Commission's programs, activities and services, which include related events, publicity and finances.
- Formulating, developing and implementing the Commission's strategy and business plans.
- Making recommendations and obtaining approval from the Board and implementing decisions and directives for the Board.
- Explicitly keeping the board informed of all significant events or occurances.
- Leading strategy execution in order to achieve the Commission's strategic goals.
- Formulating organizational policies and recommending them to the Board for approval.
- Ensuring preparation ofAnnual budgets.
- Managing the operations, undertakings, and property of the Commission.
- Deploying and managing the human resources of the Commission.
- Managing stakeholder relations and representing the Commission at relevant forums.
- Preparing agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Board.
- Carrying out such other functions as the Board may assign.
Qualifications And Experience
- A relevant undergraduate degree in the sports and recreation area.
- A relevant qualification, certificate, diploma -or degree in Business Administration/Sport would be an added advantage.
- Key and strong skills in business and strategic management.
- At least five (5) years' experience at senior management level or Executive Committee or Board level or related delivery agency in the sports and recreation sector.
- Good working knowledge and/or understanding of national policies and Government policy directives.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send one set of their application merged in continuous PDF format electronically to: SRC Board Chairman firstname.lastname@example.org Copied to: Finance, Human Capital and Administration Committee Chairman: email@example.com not later than 22 August 2022.
The application should consist of an application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, current or previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, email addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.