The Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA) was established on 1 September 2001 by the Revenue Authority Act (Chapter 23:11). The functions of the Authority are to act as an agent of the State in assessing, collecting and enforcing the payment of all revenues; advising the Minister of Finance and Economic Development on matters relating to the raising and collection of revenues; trade facilitation and to perform any other functions that may be conferred or imposed on the Authority in terms of the Revenue Authority Act or any other enactment.
Candidates who had submitted applications for this post are advised not to resubmit.
The ZIMRA Board invites qualified and experienced Zimbabwean citizens to fill the vacancy of Director Finance and Administration.
DIRECTOR FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
The position reports to the Commissioner General.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Plan, manage and control the Authority’s financial and administrative processes.
- Ensure that all tax revenue collections are accounted for and remitted to Treasury timeously and in full.
- Ensure implementation of policies and procedures that ensure financial information security and compliance with legislation and Generally Acceptable Accounting Standards.
- Develop and implement effective financial management systems and processes for budgetary efficiency control and monitoring.
- Prepare information for the annual audit and coordinate the annual external Financial Audit process.
- Ensure all statutory requirements of the organisation are met.
- Prepare monthly financial reports of the Authority and other special reports as required.
- Ensure the Authority’s excess funds are invested to the best advantage of the organisation.
- Monitor monthly implementation of agreed plans.
- Oversee the administrative functions to ensure efficient and consistent operations of the organisation.
- Manage the acquisition of assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized and disposed of as appropriate.
- Periodically assess the adequacy of the organisation’s financial data processing, controlling and reporting requirements and take corrective measures to address the gaps.
- Effectively utilize the Performance Management System for the achievement of divisional and organizational goals.
Qualifications And Experience
Job Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken language.
- Should have thorough knowledge of controls.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- First degree in Accounting a prerequisite
- Candidates must be Chartered Accountants
- A Masters’ degree in any commercial field
- At least five (5) years at an Executive Management level.
- Knowledge of SAP is an added advantage
- High level of analytical skills.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of academic and professional qualifications, by 10 April 2022. All applications should be emailed to ZimraRecruitment@zimra.co.zw clearly indicating the position you are applying for as your E-mail Subject Reference and addressed to:
The Director Human Capital
Zimbabwe Revenue Authority
6th Floor ZB Centre
Corner First Street / Kwame Nkrumah Avenue
P. O. Box 4360
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.