Responsible and accountable for the planning and operations of Epidemiology, Health Information and Surveillance, Health promotion, Communicable and non-communicable Disease Prevention and Control programs.
Station: Head Office
Reports To: Chief Director Public Health
Duties And Responsibilities
- Coordinates and manages the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Health Information and Surveillance Systems.
- Provides an early warning system and a trend analysis of the health status of communities including quarterly epidemiological bulletins and annual national health profiles.
- Establishes Disease Prevention and Control Programmes, policies, strategies, goals and objectives; and periodically reviews the relevance and adequacy of the same and taking appropriate action as necessary.
- Conducts Health surveys for baseline information and evaluates effectiveness of Health programmes
- Develops technical guidelines/manuals to standardize case definitions, diagnosis and case management for communicable disease control.
- Ensures implementation and enforcement of enacted Public Health legislation to support communicable programmes.
- Provides national leadership, coordination and management of communicable disease prevention and control programs.
- Responsible for ensuring that communicable disease prevention and control programs efficiently and effectively complement each other as well as interacting with other units and departments.
- Plans, organizes and undertakes in-service, pre-service and other appropriate training for health workers.
- Identifies high risk groups and calculates incidence coverage and mortality trends through medical demography and vital statistics.
- Establish and sustain technical advisory committees for monitoring and directing various communicable disease programs.
- Develop operational and strategic plans for control of communicable diseases and mobilise national and international funding.
- Coordinates the designing, execution and analysis of communicable disease prevention and control related operational
- research and contribute to the research finding dissemination and utilization.
- Co-ordinates National Microbiology Reference Laboratories and animal health authorities to improve the case diagnosis and case confirmation, epidemic investigation of communicable diseases, surveillance, drug sensitivity (anti-microbial resistance
- Ensure and promote inter-departmental collaboration and effective contribution to regional and international organizations
- Supervises and appraises subordinates
- Produces monthly, quarterly and annual report on communicable diseases.
Qualifications And Experience
- MBCHB or equivalent
- Masters Degree in Public Health or equivalent.
- Registration with the MDPCZ.
- 4. 5 years’ experience with at least two years’ experience in the grade of DMO or three years as PMD and /or PEDCO/PMCHO
- Prospective candidates will be subjected to mandatory psychometric tests
How To Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://hsb.co.zw/jobs/director-epidemiology-and-disease-control/