Wanted is a Director Engineering and Broadcasting Technology to join an organisation in the Telecommunications sector in Harare . Candidates invited to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing policy for the department
- Advising the CEO on issues of policy pertaining to the technical aspects of the organisation
- Developing the technical strategy for the department (i.e. Technological plans, systems and schematics, schedules and implementation plans)
- Creating strategic projects pertaining to the synergy between traditional, terrestrial and IP Based Broadcasting (Webcasting) [i.e. convergence]
- Championing transformation from analogue platform to digital systems
- Initiating pertinent research for the department
- Developing and controls departmental budget
- Determining appropriate controls on systems and cyber security
- Determining the signal transmission mode both for studio and outside broadcasting
- Drawing Standard Operating Standards for the operations of the department
- Liaising with key stakeholder providing advice on broadcasting technologies and trends.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Telecommunications/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Masters’ degree/PhD or equivalent postgraduate qualification in the above areas will be an added advantage.
- Drivers License
- t least 10 years of relevant experience of which 5 years should be at executive level.
Years of Experience: 6