The Public Service Commission is inviting applications to fill the above vacant post in the Ministry of Industry and Commerce:
STATION : Head Office
Duties And Responsibilities
- Superintend over the formulation, implementation and review of consumer protection and pricing policies, regulations and strategies and ensure that they are in line with the Ministry’s strategic Plan and National Development goals and aspirations.
- Promote consumer protection through the Consumer Council of Zimbabwe
- Monitor developments in the wholesale, retail business and other related businesses and benchmarking them with regional and international business development practices;
- Facilitate and promote implementation of the One Stop Border Posts concept and the ease of doing business in the country.
- Ensure that the practices in the manufacturing and services sector are properly benchmarked against regional and international Commerce and Consumer affairs trends.
- Coordinate needs assessment for commercial sector and identify gaps in business development and technical skills.
- Facilitate resolution of Commercial Rent disputes and determination of fair commercial rent through the Commercial Rent Board.
- Coordinate the mobilisation of resources and the development of budgets and funding strategies for the promotion of Commerce and Consumer affairs.
- Coordinate liaison with relevant Government Line Ministries, Departments and other Non-state stakeholders on Commerce and Consumer affairs initiatives.
- Ensure effective Representation of the Department in national, regional and international fora Commerce and Consumer affairs.
- Superintend over the management of databases for Commerce and Consumer affairs.
Qualifications And Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Economics or Business Studies or equivalent
- A Master’s degree in any of the above fields is an added advantage.
- A minimum of eight (8) years relevant experience, two (2) of which must be at Deputy Director level or equivalent
- Knowledge of production and marketing concepts
- Sound knowledge and understanding of industrial development and value chain dynamics
- Sound knowledge of current National Economic Development Policies and Programmes
- Good oral and written communication with a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Good negotiating skills
- High levels of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to employ information communication technology in the development, monitoring and evaluation of industrial development policies and strategies
How To Apply
Candidates, [especially women], with relevant long-term experience at senior levels in the private sector or in the non-state enterprises domain within and outside Zimbabwe are encouraged to apply.
Application letters, including detailed CVs and copies of certificates should be submitted to email@example.com by 26 June 2022 and should be addressed to:
Public Service Commission