With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
This position is part of the World Vision Zimbabwe(WVZ) national office communications team. Its purpose is to produce high-quality communications resources efficiently and effectively for WVZ, promote the public image and ministry of WVZ, and increase awareness of its operations within Zimbabwe and internationally in support of the Resource Development and Donor Engagement department.
The Digital, Media and Graphic Design Officer will support the Advocacy, Communications and External Engagements department and focus on creative campaign design; marketing planning; web content generation; graphic and media design; and managing our online presence. Content development and creation will be a major part of this role for the production of public awareness materials that utilize best stories/ testimonials, program outcomes and engaging images. Your graphics should capture the attention of those who see them and communicate the right message. For this, you need to have a creative flair and a strong ability to translate requirements and reports into design and various forms of written content, packaged for various audiences and platforms. The successful candidate will be responsible for shaping the visual and content aspects of WVZ.
Duties and Responsibilities
Programme communication strategy, plan and implementation for social mobilization
- Support the development of sound country level strategies and plans which efficiently profile the importance of WVZ programme, gender transformation and influencing priorities
- Makes viable recommendations on operational strategies in the areas of participatory communication, social mobilization and on appropriate materials and media to reach target audiences.
Support the SEL team in ensuring Knowledge Management and Documentation
- Ensure project and office visibility material are in line with WV branding policy
- Support to Programs (TPs, Advocacy, Grants and Donor Liaison)
- With support from Technical Programmes generate market products and services on the website and social media for the different WVZ audiences based on existing programmes to ensure donors and partners are updated on the transformation occurring in communities we work
- Utilize diverse communications channels and messages to advocate publicly on agreed-upon issues in the fundamental interests of exploited, vulnerable and emergency-affected populations
- Provide support for WVZ graphic design works for technical programs and ensure the WVI brand guidelines are followed on all publications and other materials for both external and internal communication - (Prepares final layout print-ready files of art) Apply design skills (- typography, the handling and manipulation of images, freehand graphics, and basic design elements)
- Provide support to Area Programmes and technical areas by initiating and piloting new social media innovations to interact with all the different audiences aimed at showcasing WVZ work
- Create quality written content for media and reporting purposes
Digital Media Management
- Grow the organizations’ digital media footprint with relevant, well written and designed content
- Coordinate and manage the creation of all digital content such as website, blogs, press releases, infographics, videos etc.
- Consistently provide regular updates to the WV Zimbabwe pages and manage all social media platforms (Website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube Channel) in line with the national office demands and that of the Partnership.
- Ensure fresh content on all relevant digital media and monitor/track success by monitoring of traffic on the site/pages
- Creatively communicate the key reports on social media platforms through creation of innovative in graphics such as info-graphics
- Contextualize and Implement the Global Digital Plans for international events
- Develop Social Media plans in line with the Communications Strategy at National, Regional and Global level using relevant metrics
- Provide website analytics and suggest strategies and methods for improvement
- Stay up-to-date with digital media technologies and latest trends
- Support stakeholder identification and mapping to feed into a comprehensive stakeholder engagement strategy
- Work with country team, programme staff and partners to ensure production and availability of high-quality communications products for a wide range of audiences including donors, partners, private sector, policy makers and the general public, at global, regional and country level
- Manage WVZ internal communications for the National office, exploring new ways to get messages across using social media and online platforms
- Develop, maintain and promote a consistent brand identity in the production of publications and other corporate materials to achieve consistency and ensure WVZ visibility
- Coordinate all videography & photography to ensure quality editing for both internal and external staff in line with WVZ strategic outputs
- Help organize events at National and District level
- Ensure all media related issues are in place
- All media press packs are prepared and distributed on time
- Consistently provide regular updates to the WV Zimbabwe pages, WV Relief and manage all social media platforms in line with the national office demands and that of the partnership on emergency response interventions
- Efficiently and effectively manage emergency response communications to raise awareness about the needs of survivors and position World Vision Zimbabwe as a responsive relief agency
- Assist in capacity building training of spokespersons for emergency situations
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Public Relations, Journalism
- 5 years of experience in Communications and/or Public Relations field/Creative graphic design/Digital media management
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative editing Suite
- Have excellent photography and videography skills
- Experience with Content Management
- Energetic and have the ability to think and plan to meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and manage expectations and take the initiative in gathering information for design request
- Must possess high level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
- Ability to understand brief/feedbacks and willing to receive comments for his/her designs
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in the English language (written and verbal)
- Excellent writing skills and ability to create content for various platforms from reports, interviews etc.
- Ability to operate effectively as a member of a team as well as an individual for quick turnaround of outputs.
- Understand corporate social media management
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet and WVI databases
How to Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/WorldVisionInternational/job/Harare-Zimbabwe/Digital--Media-and-Graphic-Design-Officer_R14230
Deadline: 07 December 2022