Children Support Trust is a recent national development NGO based in (Mutare) Zimbabwe. Its programming targets children who are victims of separation and divorce. Children Support Trust programing thematic areas are mainly child development and protection; quality accessible, safe and inclusive education, SRH for young men and women, gender normative transformation; household economic skills and empowerment support. Children Support Trust is on its inception seeks the services that are voluntary at the moment in the following fields
Reporting to: Human Resources Manager
Purpose of the position
The Digital Communications and Publicity Coordinator supports and maintains key digital communications activities for the including the website(s), email marketing, social media, cross-platform analytics, and digital (search and social) advertising. This position is an integral member of the Marketing and Communications Department, and collaborates within and across departments to fulfil organizational goals and milestones. Specifically, the
Digital Communications and Publicity Coordinator works to increase organisational programing visibility, most significant stories of change and social media audience engagement and growth.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Publish, edit, and update website pages
- Working in conjunction with the IT Coordinator the office holder shall ensure the CST website content and online postings are accurate and up-to-date.
- Ensure quality of web pages by formatting, copyediting, proofreading, ensuring consistent style and brand voice.
- Support the execution of sponsored content placements across our web properties.
- Collect and review web utilization data; monitor analytics and make recommendations for improved performance.
- Serve as in-house expert on our web properties; Train content contributors on formatting and publishing to the web.
- Ensure that the Trust’s social media channels remain responsive, innovative, collaborative and engaging.
- Stay informed on emerging online communications tools, social media trends, and best practices.
- Execute on the social media strategic plan and oversee the Trust’s presence on all social media platforms (Including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube) by responding to comments and messages and engaging with influencers.
- Write copy and schedule social media posts.
- Create and implement strategies to increase the number of fans/followers and to
- increase audience engagement on social media platforms.
- Contribute to the development of thoughtful and engaging content strategy.
- As needed, evaluate efforts and advise when social channels should be retired and/or when new channels should be explored.
- Update the shared content publishing calendar.
- Coordinate, edit, build, and distribute outbound email campaigns to support Trust programs and initiatives, including newsletters, advocacy alerts, automated/triggered messages, and event promotions.
- Create and implement lead generation strategies to increase our subscriber base.
- Support routine maintenance and clean-up of email list.
- Graphic designing of organisational print and digital content.
- Editing and reviewing of videos and picture for reporting and making documentaries.
- Contribute to the preparation of regular and campaign-specific reports on website and digital communications performance to relevant staff
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, media studies, marketing, or related field.
- Relevant experience
How To Apply
Interested candidates can submit application letter together with detailed CV to: email@example.com not later than 17 August 2022.
Please indicate the position being applied for on the subject of your email e.g Digital Communications and Publicity Coordinator.
Kindly note that shortlisting will be done on rolling basis. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Children support trust is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and does not discriminate in terms of race, ethnic background, colour, creed, gender, sexual orientation, including persons living with disabilities, to apply.
The successful candidate will undergo relevant background checks and will be required to commit in writing to comply with the Children Support trust safeguarding procedure