Africa university, a Pan-African institution, a member of the Association of African Universities, a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities, a United Methodist Church-related institution in Zimbabwe invites,applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the above mentioned strategic position.
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, this role entails maintaining as well as raising the profile of the University at national, regional and international levels. The Deputy Vice-Chancellor will serve as the principal provider of academic and administrative leadership for Colleges/Schools of the University and all of the support service units within the academic structure that support the academic mission.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Ensuring that the University achieves its strategic academic goals, vision and mission.
- Establishing and ditectin the cademic agenda of the University by working directly with Management and the respective Colleges/Schools of the University
- Deputizing the vice-councillor (President) when necessary and showing an active interest and contribution to the following key result areas: financial mandgeent, budgeting student recruitment and compliance with internal and external academic regulations /guidelines,
- Providing academic leadership, ensuring programme excellence and innovation for the on-going and new activities of the university and beyond.
- As such the Deputy Vice chancellor will lead academic strategic planning, policy development, curriculum developm catty assurance and review.
- Ensuring the University's commitment to its values and mission, including academic excellence, diversity and inclusion, Ubuntu, God fearing, integrity and professionalism, as evidenced by creative and effective initiatives to attract and retain talented students, faculty, and staff; programming that models inclusiveness and,diversity; policy and procedure; and communi-ty involvement both within and outside of the University;
- Active involvement in pursuing partnerships in the form of staff and student exchanges, sponsored research, scholarship funding for both stu-dents and staff as well as any other mutually beneficial relationships with reputable partners.
- The ideal candidate will have an outstanding record of teaching and research and a passion for excellence and academic innovation. in addition, he/she will have a profound understanding of the contribution of Education 5.0 to sustainable economic devel-opment.
- Performing such other functions that may be delegated to him/her by the Vice Chancellor/President.
Qualifications And Experience
- An earned doctoral degree in the relevant field;
- Must have been a Professor for at least 8 years in a reputable and accredited institution of higher learning
- Experience and a proven track record in o senior le dership role such as Deputy/Pro Vice Chancellor, Associate Deputy Vice Chancellor, Campus Principal, College/ School Dean
- Experience in a senior leadership role ns tution will be an added advantage;
- Be morally sound and of unimpeachable probity and integrity
- An outstanding academic, who co on ationctily
- Proven understanding of higher education developments in imba we and Africa, with clear strategic capability interacting with eternal local and international partners/stakeholders for institutional development
- Ability to drive both in-person and virtual campus stakeholders
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in digital scholarly resources, online learning and technology
- Excellent communication, stakeholder management and engagement skills
- Traceable successful grant-making stories and building dynamic partnerships externally and internally
- Ability to cultivate and operate across cultural transformational relationships
- A successful record of teamwork and intentional mentorship that mobilizes and inspires others toward shared governance and service delivery
- Ability and experience in having planned and managed budgets
- Oversight of risk management (including health and safety) in the teaching and learning p folio.
How To Apply
Applications together with copies of curriculum vitae, certified copies of certificates, academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their e-mail, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to: email@example.com and copied to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 21 October 2022.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.